Sign in to follow this  
rat7

Another Disapointment

20 minutes ago, rat7 said:

After downloading the installer above, I ran it and it offered to install some product, hen I clicked the INTALL button and a few seconds later, it just closed and I had a FINISH button which the installer closed. but nothing is unning, even if the RUN WHEN FINISH was checked.

It looks like the Garmin trainer installer itself is having a problem on your system.

Can you please try this older GTN Trainer installer at least, so that we can try helping you find out what is 'missing' on your system for these installers to proceed?

http://download.garmin.com/software/GTN_GDU620PCTrainer_6211.zip

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

22 minutes ago, RXP said:

It looks like the Garmin trainer installer itself is having a problem on your system.

Can you please try this older GTN Trainer installer at least, so that we can try helping you find out what is 'missing' on your system for these installers to proceed?

http://download.garmin.com/software/GTN_GDU620PCTrainer_6211.zip

I found the problem, it was "still installed" even if every thing was removed, because it is under another instance in the program list of the computer.

So I just in-installed it and then re-install it using the file you provided earlier.

As soon as I finish my flight I will see if it is working in X-Plane 11 proper, now that the trainer is working in windows

Ok, in the plane itself, the device works, but I can not access any "saved" flight plan, that I saved using Little NavMap, and also one that I entered manually in the device

Maybe you are saving your GFP flight plans with LNM to the wrong folder.

Little NavMap is trying to access a folder that is in Program Data, which is a protected location and not accessible to user directly and Little NavMap is running as Administrator already

Try putting your flight plans here:

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPL

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Try putting your flight plans here:

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPL

It is where Little NavMap is trying to access, but unfortunately, that location is a protected location, to access it I must login with the Administrator account and then supply a login a few time. and after went trough all of that to copie a flight plan, the device can not find anything

Ok, let me try at this again: the latest RXP GTN v2.4.13 installer takes care to 'remove' the admin restrictions on the
"ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\" folder so that there is no problem accessing it.

The installer was re-released monday morning because thanks to your report, we've detected a bug in the installer: it was only removing the restrictions for the GTN Trainer v6.21 and below paths (these have changed since 6.41).

You are managing your system with precision, and seems knowledgable to the concepts of folder access rights. You might just want to manually grant your user account read/write/list content access rights to the entire "ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers" folder and its subfolder?

Otherwise, we'll see how the best we can add alternate paths for the FPLN folder in a future update.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)