Sign in to follow this  
mac44

777 300 expansion and P3Dv4

Help!

Coming back to P3Dv4 after sometime away using Xplanes11 and have some questions about get everything updated:

1)All my other PDMG aircraft 747 and 737 have updated to P3Dv4 (I know because in the operations centre they show the different version of the plane relating to all the types I have  - also have the 737 expansion) - but I seem to be struggling getting my 300 ER expansion pack to install (firstly could not see any 300 aircraft so tried to install (downloaded full install again from my account ) - and it gives me the 3 uninstall/modify options however after installing it still is not giving me any 300 type aircraft in the liveries screen or in the P3Dv4 min menu.................any help appreciated?

2)Also which version of the 777 has the tail mounted camera (remember using it sometime ago) but can't remember which version you can use it with?

35 minutes ago, mac44 said:

Also which version of the 777 has the tail mounted camera (remember using it sometime ago) but can't remember which version you can use it with?

I believe the -300ER.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

44 minutes ago, mac44 said:

1)All my other PDMG aircraft 747 and 737 have updated to P3Dv4 (I know because in the operations centre they show the different version of the plane relating to all the types I have  - also have the 737 expansion) - but I seem to be struggling getting my 300 ER expansion pack to install (firstly could not see any 300 aircraft so tried to install (downloaded full install again from my account ) - and it gives me the 3 uninstall/modify options however after installing it still is not giving me any 300 type aircraft in the liveries screen or in the P3Dv4 min menu.................any help appreciated?

The most common problem I see here when the -300ER fails to install is because the 777-200LR/F base package is not up to date. You can check this with the OC which has a version feature, current version for P3Dv4 is 1.10.8448.  This is the best way to check currency of all products.

If you have recently downloaded the expansion package then it is most likely up to date, just make sure the base pack is also.

Dan Downs KCRP

13 minutes ago, downscc said:

The most common problem I see here when the -300ER fails to install is because the 777-200LR/F base package is not up to date. You can check this with the OC which has a version feature, current version for P3Dv4 is 1.10.8448.  This is the best way to check currency of all products.

If you have recently downloaded the expansion package then it is most likely up to date, just make sure the base pack is also.

thanks for the replies

strange -if I go into my 777 p3dv4 tab (operations centre) its showing installed version 1.10.8333 (available 1.10.8448) for the base pack (it calls it 777 - P3Dv4 and appears in red) but have already run all the updates in the notification tab for 777 -  also interestingly below it says 777-300ER is installed (version 8448! installed)........................

any help on how to fix this appreciated? (should I be trying to uninstall the ER version?) as I have no 300 types in game or in the livery section of operations centre......

Update:op centre keeps on prompting me to update 777 - which I do then it runs - next time I log in seems to ask me to run the 777 update again (similar for a 747 update)

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, mac44 said:

strange -if I go into my 777 p3dv4 tab (operations centre) its showing installed version 1.10.8333 (available 1.10.8448) for the base pack (it calls it 777 - P3Dv4 and appears in red) but have already run all the updates in the notification tab for 777 -  also interestingly below it says 777-300ER is installed (version 8448! installed)........................

Most likely your base package version is too old for the micro updates performed by the OC to work.  Download the latest 777-200LR/F Base Package,  uninstall both 777-200LR/F and -300Er, install freshly downloaded base and expansion packages then check versions.

If OC updates are not working... I just noticed your update note... then you probably have an antivirus software that is killing the update process.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, downscc said:

Most likely your base package version is too old for the micro updates performed by the OC to work.  Download the latest 777-200LR/F Base Package,  uninstall both 777-200LR/F and -300Er, install freshly downloaded base and expansion packages then check versions.

If OC updates are not working... I just noticed your update note... then you probably have an antivirus software that is killing the update process.

thanks for the reply

Ok - will try to delete both parts - but how exactly do you delete them? ( can't see any delete option in the operations centre)

also if I want to keep some custom liveries I installed into the current version can you do this before you reinstall? and I also want to make sure I do not have any modules for P3Dv3 installed what is best way to check this (although I see on the operations centre initial drop down only the v4 of my modules seems to be in a thick white text?) - will also make sure I switch off my antivirus when I run these re-installs.

Update:Just figured out when I run the install it seems to give me 3 options "modify, remove or repair" no idea when you might run repair but assume you just use the remove then install on both of them (best with antivirus disabled I guess) - also is there any point when you can select P3Dv3 or P3Dv4 (obviously want v4)? and I notice I have the same problem with my 747 module constant prompt to update every time I reload the OC - update runs but does not apply.

Thanks - reinstalled and managed to get it working -  couple of final questions:

1)I use the 777 and 747 with track IR - but find the view very juddery  and imprecise - especially when you need to look down into the middle console instruments - is there any guide/way to configure it properly so it works better with the PDMG planes?

2)For the 777 300 TV camera - think it appears on one of the middle consoles - but how do you enable it in the virtual cockpit? (is there a dedicated switch )

3)how do the pdmg planes work in VR?

41 minutes ago, mac44 said:

2)For the 777 300 TV camera - think it appears on one of the middle consoles - but how do you enable it in the virtual cockpit? (is there a dedicated switch )

Look on the Display Select Panel,  the -300ER has a CAM button.  Note also a GMCS light switch on the overhead. 

Dan Downs KCRP