Sign in to follow this  
louiseSEUK

Static view tracked to aircraft and Chaseplane Replay function

Hi Keven and team,

Thanks for a great piece of software that seems to get significantly better on each rolling release :)

Not sure if this is in the known issues list, but I'm trying out the track aircraft on static view. This does work OK when viewing "live", a plane is centred on screen, but when I start using the *Work in Progress* replay function, the camera is locked to the position of the aircraft when the view was created

e.g. Camera at road outside RWY2, LSGK.
Created the camera by going to predefined runway view, then creating a new camera out of that (to enable advanced feature > Track aircraft). Aircraft was parked on Runway 2 at the time, and camera snapped to follow.

Live tracking the approach, the camera works fine, camera moves with the aircraft (admittedly, assume this - the camera moves, but there's a hill between the camera and the plane coming from SKP approach!)

If I then replay, via the replay UI the camera stays at its fixed view, i.e. looking out over RWY2 where the parked aircraft was originally set up. Cannot rotate camera, fine to zoom, move up/down).

I get that the app itself is still beta, and the replay function is WIP - however, thought it mention worthy as this doesn't seem like expected behaviour?

Thanks, Leo

Louise

London, UK

Hi Leo, i support your post 100%, it would be great to be able to see your AC followed by a static tower camera that you create on replays. I'm sure it will be added soon, well... hope so.

Sincerely

Sergio

Sergio Naiberg

I third this...if it hasn't already been done! I'd love to create a  spot view half way down the runway and track the aircraft accelerating up to camera almost like horror movie then pan around and see it rotating.....plus views down from mountains plus view from orbx people flow...yes lots of times I think this would be very cool!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK