Sign in to follow this  
Jamie Summers

737 NGX issues

Hi, new here and need some help with this. I have Windows 10 running FSX on Steam. Recently purchased 737 NGX base package. I have had the package up and running once or twice and all seemed ok however a few glitches have arised since then. In virtual cockpit the flight deck is basically cold 'nothing on' and I am unable to manipulate any of the switches etc. Whilst like this if I switch to 'cockpit' (I guess that's 2D?) the graphics are all wrong. The flight deck does not look as it should with what seems like compressed instruments in the wrong places, no flight director switches, no auto throttle arm switch? The overhead panel is the same with an unusual representation of miss shaped gauges etc and still unable to 'switch anything'. If I select the CDU in instruments a completely different system pops up. Sometimes the package loads up and the engines are running but I am unable to control the aircraft as the flight deck is basically dead, the aircraft just rolls off under its own power and is uncontrollable. I have had another instance where I am able to start setting things up and the gear collapses and the aircraft crashes!

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have contacted PMDG already about the fact that the NAV data base is nearly 7 years out of date, why they don't periodically update I'm not sure but the response I received was not helpful. I have contacted them about my current issues with no response so far. For $70 I would at least expect this to work out of the box without all these issues. I have a brand new PC with Steam and FSX/PMDG all installed in the default folders. As far as I see it should really work.

Cheers

I am not certain about your panel issues, Im sure if you submit a Support ticket they will solve that for you.

The reason that they do not update the AIRAC is that it is in unending issue. Someone will always have an outdated AIRAC depending upon when you purchased your product. Besides, I have the NGX since it was originally released, and I have never updated the AIRAC. The result being that some navaids that exist today, is not in my FMC database. Still, the navaids that exist in my old AIRAC contain navaids that never existed in FSX, and vice versa. Life goes on. You can subscribe to Navigrapgh to get upgrades, or purchase a single upgrade.

I hope that explains it a little.

Rob

Deleted my post, inaccurate info provided and I do not want to create unneeded chaos :blink:

Edited by Bob Marton
Reffered to a option which I mistakenly thought was legitimate.

46 minutes ago, Jamie Summers said:

Hi, new here and need some help with this. I have Windows 10 running FSX on Steam. Recently purchased 737 NGX base package. I have had the package up and running once or twice and all seemed ok however a few glitches have arised since then. In virtual cockpit the flight deck is basically cold 'nothing on' and I am unable to manipulate any of the switches etc. Whilst like this if I switch to 'cockpit' (I guess that's 2D?) the graphics are all wrong. The flight deck does not look as it should with what seems like compressed instruments in the wrong places, no flight director switches, no auto throttle arm switch? The overhead panel is the same with an unusual representation of miss shaped gauges etc and still unable to 'switch anything'. If I select the CDU in instruments a completely different system pops up. Sometimes the package loads up and the engines are running but I am unable to control the aircraft as the flight deck is basically dead, the aircraft just rolls off under its own power and is uncontrollable. I have had another instance where I am able to start setting things up and the gear collapses and the aircraft crashes!

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have contacted PMDG already about the fact that the NAV data base is nearly 7 years out of date, why they don't periodically update I'm not sure but the response I received was not helpful. I have contacted them about my current issues with no response so far. For $70 I would at least expect this to work out of the box without all these issues. I have a brand new PC with Steam and FSX/PMDG all installed in the default folders. As far as I see it should really work.

Cheers

Jamie,

The only ticket from you is your question about the OC and the navdata for which you received an answer already. No other ticket has been opened from you on our system.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

11 minutes ago, Bob Marton said:

Jamie. I seem to also now recall that there is a website where you can get a recent AIRAC for free. I do not know that site, but Im certain that someone else here might refer you to it. You might search the forum for terms like AIRAC update or Navigrapgh updates or FMC updates and you should find that link. It was posted within the last 2 months here.

There is no legal website to update the airac for free. Airac updates either from Navigraph ot Aerosoft and both of them requires to pay for it.

Chris Makris

Ok then thanks for that, I remember now that I may have just filled in a contact form. Now that is cleared up do you have any advice re the issues I explained? I see that your are PMDG staff.

1 minute ago, Jamie Summers said:

Ok then thanks for that, I remember now that I may have just filled in a contact form. Now that is cleared up do you have any advice re the issues I explained? I see that your are PMDG staff.

Please open a ticket, as this is not a support forum. We need to check some of your configuration to see if anything is wrong.

Chris Makris

24 minutes ago, Bob Marton said:

Jamie. I seem to also now recall that there is a website where you can get a recent AIRAC for free. I do not know that site, but Im certain that someone else here might refer you to it. You might search the forum for terms like AIRAC update or Navigrapgh updates or FMC updates and you should find that link. It was posted within the last 2 months here.

Thanks Bob, I don't have an issue buying an up to date cycle for the FMC, appreciate the info though.

Cheers

19 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

There is no legal website to update the airac for free. Airac updates either from Navigraph ot Aerosoft and both of them requires to pay for it.

Chris, I was not hoping to refer Jamie to a pirated site. I was refering to something I read where the AIRAC on that site was like a year old already, and was essentially obsolete, but closer to up to date (so it didnt occur to me that it was not legitimate...lesson learned). I guess it is serendipitous that I cannot recall the website, and no one else has chimed in about it. If I was going to update, I would definitely recommend the Navigraph site.

Sorry once again for opening that can of worms.

robert

'Data thats a year old would be good enough TBH, but 7 years? Most of todays real world charts and plates would correlate fine with data that is 12 months out of date. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Marton said:

Chris, I was not hoping to refer Jamie to a pirated site. I was refering to something I read where the AIRAC on that site was like a year old already, and was essentially obsolete, but closer to up to date (so it didnt occur to me that it was not legitimate...lesson learned). I guess it is serendipitous that I cannot recall the website, and no one else has chimed in about it. If I was going to update, I would definitely recommend the Navigraph site.

Sorry once again for opening that can of worms.

robert

Robert,

No can of worms opened don't worry :)

Chris Makris

If you are flying fsx you may find it is better to fly with outdated data as it corresponds more with the in sim coded data.  Using the latest data gives a variety of problems.

Harry Woodrow