Sign in to follow this  
swadeep

P3D V4 CTD. Few Errors. Need help please.

Hi guys. I recently just got back to flying actively again on P3D V4 under a new rig. I've done a fair bit of short haul flights and one long haul flight and everything was fine, until recent few flights. I will describe problem below and would appreciate any help/suggestions please.

My last 4 flights, 3 of them ended up with CTD. First 3 flights are FSLABS A320 and Last flight was PMDG 77W

1. VNKT - OMAA | Got CTD and it's VCRUNTIME140.DLL (This is when flying FSLABS A320 and I was click PFD Pop Up and it worked throughout the flight until I was descending after 4 hours flight and clicked again and nothing shows up. Other pop ups are okay except PFD where nothing shows up then P3D stopped working and CTD)

2. VNKT - OMAA | Got StackHash_bddf error again through pop up again but this time after 3 hours into the flight. Same issue with pop up Work in the beginning but later on when i click the pfd to pop up again it shows like a bad texture. WIll attach picture below.

3. VNKT - OMAA | I tried again and this time no CTD. But this time i didn't click the pop up PFD at all as I wanted to see if that was problem. And i only tried to click it once i landed already and was taxiing to the gate and again it wouldn't show up. But i taxied to the gate fine and shut the sim down. Usually it will take sometimes before CTD after clicking pop up PFD and you see something is weird.

4. OMAA - CYYZ | After about 6-7 hours into the flight CTD. Got StackHash_f04d error again. Before all of these flight i flew the exact same aircraft and livery from YMML to OMAA and it was 14 hours flight and it was fine no problem.

Things to note:

Tried posting on FSLABS forum also about the pfd pop up thing but no reply.

Running P3D V4.1 latest

Used the Ai Suite 3 to do auto Overclock.

Using Ultimate Traffic Live latest purchased version. (Was googling around and they said this could be problem?). Before i always do my own AI but due to time limitations now decided to go for this UT Live.

I don't think my settings are too high but would be happy to post if needed. Maybe I am wrong.

I would really appreciate any help please.

Thanks

Swadeep

Could you share your PC specifications and scenery add-ons please so as to able to assist you?

2 hours ago, Jean-Claude said:

Could you share your PC specifications and scenery add-ons please so as to able to assist you?

Yes sure. Here's what I have so far.

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4,20GHZ

RAM 16GB

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti

Samsung SSD 500GB * 2

Scenery Addons and Addons installed so far:

FTX Vector

FTX Global

Orbx NZQN YBBN YMML YBCS ESSA LOWI

Fly Tampa CYYZ and YSSY

Simbreeze OMAA

AS P3D V4

Ezca latest version

PMDG 737 747 777

Majestic Dash 8 Q400

FSLABS A320

REX Texture Direct Enhanced

REX Soft Clouds

Thanks

Swadeep

Hey Swadeep,

Your symptoms look like what happened to me during an unstable overclock.

Can your PSU supply enough and in good quality ?

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

1 hour ago, TopGun33 said:

Hey Swadeep,

Your symptoms look like what happened to me during an unstable overclock.

Can your PSU supply enough and in good quality ?

Hey,

I hope it's good enough? I have Seasonic Prime Gold 850W. What do you think?

I used the AI Suite 3 to do the overclock by just clicking 5 way optimization. 

Thanks

Swadeep

This is a very good PSU, it delivers and has good protection and current quality. An unstable overclock could be caused by not enough juice going to the CPU. Have you tried going back to normal clock speeds see if the crashes still occur ?

Before flying, it is important that you take the time to stress test your gear, using Prime95 for the GPU and OCCT for the CPU.

Guillaume

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

25 minutes ago, TopGun33 said:

This is a very good PSU, it delivers and has good protection and current quality. An unstable overclock could be caused by not enough juice going to the CPU. Have you tried going back to normal clock speeds see if the crashes still occur ?

Before flying, it is important that you take the time to stress test your gear, using Prime95 for the GPU and OCCT for the CPU.

I will try again tomorrow without overclock and for a few flights more if no CTD. Will report back. 

Could UT Live be the cause too?

Thanks 

Swadeep 

There could be multiple cause to a stackhash error, UT Live could be. But first you need to be sure that your overclock is stable. The various kind of errors you are getting is pushing my thoughts that way.

Guillaume

I support Guillaume's suggestion and diagnosis, although your OC is very reasonable for your CPU, it could very well be too demanding and unstable, thus your CTDs.

Just to be on the safe side, did you check the settings of your ORBX products in your scenery library (FTX should be below your first airport add-on), did you also run your altitude correction tool in ORBX Vectors?

Setting the OC to the Optimal Defaults (giving one an overclock to 4.5GHz) is one of the known fixes to fixing a StackHash.  Reducing settings in the p3d.cfg is another.  See the AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi guys. So yesterday I tried the same flight again for the second time (OMAA-CYYZ). This time made it further but after 11 hrs ish into the flight CTD again. Same exact error. StackHasg_f04d (A heap has been corrupted). This time i already reset my OC and no longer Overcloking. Reset defaults in BIOS and reinstalled Ai Suite 3 just to see it's back to default. I only selected performance mode in Ai Suite 3 and that's it. 

I will attach screenshots for my settings but yes I do run altitude correction tools every time i install new scenery or remove one.

Please see pictures below. Maybe settings too high?

Thanks for your help

Swadeep

9JlGODr.jpg

fud6q8Q.jpg

xOEO6Y6.jpg

x8v23sN.jpg

vYdfJbp.jpg

uwlAN1Y.jpg

AauiCZX.jpg

In my opinion, your scenery list is upside down, your FTX should be above bathymetry, please go to your ORBX FTX Central settings (bottom left of your screen) and configure all your FTX after your last add-on sceneries, in your case it is Simbreeze Abu Dhabi, (your flyTampa CYYZ and YSSY, and your SimBreeze Abu Dhabi should be on top of your scenery list), then your OPEN LC will come after FTX. Check ORBX site or P3D manual here on AVSIM

Definitely your problem should come from this wrong hierarchy of sceneries. This is what I was mentioning in my previous post:

1 hour ago, Jean-Claude said:

In my opinion, your scenery list is upside down, your FTX should be above bathymetry, please go to your ORBX FTX Central settings (bottom left of your screen) and configure all your FTX after your last add-on sceneries, in your case it is Simbreeze Abu Dhabi, (your flyTampa CYYZ and YSSY, and your SimBreeze Abu Dhabi should be on top of your scenery list), then your OPEN LC will come after FTX. Check ORBX site or P3D manual here on AVSIM

Definitely your problem should come from this wrong hierarchy of sceneries. This is what I was mentioning in my previous post:

Ahh ok, I will try your way and do the same flight again and report back, Fingers crossed! If this is really the problem maybe it's not the settings and OC then. 

So just to reconfirm all the FTX and ORBX ( number 1-10 in the list shown above), all of this should be below all the add on sceneries right?

Thanks

Swadeep

Please check the settings page of your FTX Central (button at the bottom left),

See Library Insertion point,

1. Click on the line below "FTX entries should be inserted below", choose and click on the line below your Simbreeze Abu Dhabi scenery (above Bathymetry).
  2. Then in the same chapter, under the line "Open LC entries should be inserted below", click on the line and select "FTX" (it should already be selected by default).
  3. Then click on SAVE!!!

You can check within your scenery config editor if this new hierarchy is properly saved in P3D, then start P3D and make your flight, your problem should have disappeared.