Sign in to follow this  
anthony15

P3d v3.5

Hi everyone! I've been using p3d v3 for a month and I have bought a new high-end pc just for flight simulation. Unfortunately I have been quite disappointed because I have encountered many Oom crashes so far. I read many posts about this problem but still haven't been able to solve it. 

I am flying Aerosoft A319/A320 and using Orbx global and EU LC. There is traffic compiled by myself using some tools. 

Is there any suggestion? Do you need additional data? 

Thanks 

get over to v4-with a high end pc v3 won't do the trick- invest in v4 if you want the best out of your high end pc with zero ooms

Stop torturing yourself, get v4.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

It doesn’t matter how high end your pc is, P3Dv3 is a 32 bit program.  Once you push the VAS Oover that 4GB limit, you will crash with OOM.  It has nothing to do with the amount or RAM you have in your system....you could have 32GB of RAM, yet a 32-bit program can only access 4GB of that RAM.  All you can do is turn down your settings so you don’t cross that 3.5-4GB threshold.

As the others have said above, you’d have to upgrade to v4 which is a 64-bit program that can pass that 4GB VAS limitation and use all your available system RAM.  Be warned though...you can increase all the eye candy to the limit if you want without OOM, but....BUT...you will bring your system to it knees with lots of scenery in terms of FPS if you’re too ambitious, and you can still exhaust your VRAM (video card memory)!

Also, be warned if you upgrade to v4, your 32-bit aircraft may not work...most likely will not work if they are high end like PMDG.  Check with the developer.  Some have made them compatible.

But, to solve your immediate problem...turn down your sliders (autogen, LOD radius, etc) or upgrade to v4.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

It has to be said though that P3Dv4 runs better than P3Dv3 overall and will allow more eycandy with less fps loss. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I'm in agreement with my peers here, P3DV4 is the way to go and will help you avoid the dreaded OOM imposed by the 32-bit sim limitation.

However is there is a reason why you have/need to stay with P3DV3 for the time being, then the post below may help you reduce OOMs considerably.

My very best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yes you have to get P3D V4.1 (perhaps V4.2 will be available soon) Also make sure that the version of windows you have installed on your system is the 64 bit version. If its the 32 bit version you have to reinstall windows and use the 64 bit version. 32GB of DRAM would be great but if you only have 8GB you will still be able to run P3D V4 very well. I have 16GB which is more than enough as thing stand right now.

I personally haven’t moved on to 64 bit because I don’t think it’s worth it with an i7 3770 and gtx 760. P3dV3 still gets the trick done with my hardware

Orman

2 hours ago, simmerhead said:

It has to be said though that P3Dv4 runs better than P3Dv3 overall and will allow more eycandy with less fps loss. 

That is true.  🙂

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png