Sign in to follow this  
erikac

Symmap.dll CTD in P3D 4.2

Hi,

Today while I was flying the Carenado King Air 350i I got the symmap.dll error which resulted in a CTD. I just updated from P3D 4.1 to P3D 4.2 by upgrading Client, Content and Scenery.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c832c
Faulting module name: symmap.dll, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c828f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000032791
Faulting process id: 0x30e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a5cb72dd111b
Faulting application path: D:\Prepar3D V4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Prepar3D V4\symmap.dll
Report Id: 15fe4227-cd01-41c9-96ee-f31829edc09a
Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

And then when I loaded up same flight and flew for 10 min roughly I got a terrain.dll error with it.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c832c
Faulting module name: terrain.dll, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c8293
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000004548e
Faulting process id: 0x3cc8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a5df28a62048
Faulting application path: D:\Prepar3D V4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Prepar3D V4\terrain.dll
Report Id: f1fbee63-bb79-40b3-8f83-dc9154b17ced
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Any ideas what is wrong? Thanks

/Erik Calmfors

Edited by erikac
Added more information

Based on the log I would guess that the B350i may not have anything to do with it.  Maybe something in terrain or scenery.  But you never know.

I rarely jump on the newest version of P3D until the dust settles.  Many of the third-party developers need time to adjust and update.  Depending on what stuff you are running conflicts could be numerous until everyone gets on board.

Having said that.....I am thankful for bold simmers like you who immediately jump on the grenade and find the problems while the rest of us sit in the stands and eat popcorn.  :)

It's so early in the cycle, I would suggest watching the LM forums to see if others are reporting similar problems.   

Hi Erik,

If you have not already done so, I would suggest posting your CTD issue in the Avsim CTD and Prepar3D forums as well as keeping an eye out on the LM forums. There is also a CTD guide that can be downloaded--that link is located in the Avsim CTD forum. I believe Jim Young may have put that guide together and I have found it to be a helpful resource and it may be worth looking into. 

Good luck in resolving your problem.