FXS:SE [  ]

P3Dv2 [  ]

P3Dv3 [  ]

P3Dv4 [X]       I:\PrePar3D\

All FSUIPC are unchecked

~George

Okay, so in preferences

I disabled:

First: Advanced  - it didn't work. Turned it back on.

Second: Experimental - it didn't work. Turned it back on

Third: Both Advanced and Experimental - it didn't work. Turned them both on

~George

So the issue seems to come from the aircraft.cfg scan shortly after the launch of ChasePlane. I have changed a few things in the ode to find the error. Please Generate a Report file and send it as a response to the email I sent you if you are able to get passed the usual crash point.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Guest TBM930

Where do I start?

1. Ok both versions Version 0.4191 and now 04192 both suffer from the same problem in my sim P3D V3.4 unless I disable advanced features (as Kevin requested I do). However external cam does not work when I do that.
  2. I uninstalled VFX and made sure I deleted the OldProp Solutions Inc folder in my Programs(x86) and in my roaming folder (but I kept that folder zipped and backed up in case Kevin wants it).
  3. I reinstalled and I will stay with version 0.3.7.0 since it works well for me.
  4. When I reinstalled VFX I got this message <I found and fixed a few things. If your simulator is running, restart it to see every effects properly. First Trigger code: icMissingCPfile> 

I will wait for a stable version down the road. 

This forum does not allow me to send pics directly. My registry editor has P3DV3 checked FSUIPC checked with the correct location C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Cheers

@TBM930, the one I'd be more interested in is the Logs folder in the ChasePlane Directory. That's where the crash logs are stored and where it contains the details of the crash. They're pretty much gone now but if you have a chance, I'd like to have one of them to fix it for you. If I'm not able to fix it, the issue will come back in a few weeks when we switch everyone over to 0.4

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Holy smokes, guys. My particular problem was of my own making.:blush:

It has been resolved by Keven at FSFX.

Here's what happened:

After upgrading to P3Dv4.2, I followed the advice of a member of A2A Simulations' forum on how to get P3D to recognizing custom directories ( http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=63073 )

The release of Prepar3D v4.2 yesterday seems to have thrown up an issue affecting some A2A customers.

The Problem
A2A aircraft installed to a custom directory such as "F:/Prepar3D v4 Add-Ons/A2A" no longer appear in the list of vehicles in Prepar3D v4.2.

The Cause
The A2A installers command the Prepar3D.exe to write the custom installation path to an "add-ons.cfg" files stored in the user's "ProgramData" directory. In Prepar3D v4.0 and v4.1, this path supported a trailing backslash, but in Prepar3D v4.2 it appears this is no longer the case. We have contacted Lockheed and we are waiting to hear back about this bug in 4.2

The Fix (For Now, Anyway)
To resolve this issue, please open the "add-ons.cfg" file in the following location...

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

...Find the line beginning "PATH=" which records the location where your A2A add-ons are installed, and edit this line to remove just the trailing backslash before saving the file.

For example, if the line reads "PATH=F:\Prepar3D v4 Add-Ons\A2A\" edit it to read "PATH=F:\Prepar3D v4 Add-Ons\A2A" instead.

Note: By default the "ProgramData" directory is hidden to protect its contents so you may need to 'unhide' it as described here.

If you have any problems with this procedure, please let us know here or in the relevant tech support forum. Lockheed Martin are aware of this issue and we'll keep you posted of any developments.

This is how/what I did:

PATH=G:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A        //PATH=G:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\    - ORIGINAL LINE

It appears that ChasePlane did not like the commented section I made.
My Bad. I should have made a copy of the cfg file and then modify the line. Without the commented section.

My apologies to all for the trouble I caused.

George

Guest TBM930
17 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

@TBM930, the one I'd be more interested in is the Logs folder in the ChasePlane Directory. That's where the crash logs are stored and where it contains the details of the crash. They're pretty much gone now but if you have a chance, I'd like to have one of them to fix it for you. If I'm not able to fix it, the issue will come back in a few weeks when we switch everyone over to 0.4

Hello Kevin. I will update it and send you the crash logs this weekend. Like George below, maybe I am somehow creating the issue with my fake FSX directory created by this guide www.avsim.com/forums/topic/486409-how-do-i-setup-a-fake-fsx-install-path-to-prepar3d/ to install my beloved PMDG MD-11. 

Hello. I also have been experiencing similar problems, I came back to Flight simming over the weekend after a couple of months layoff, loaded everything up, all controls worked fine for a couple of minutes, then nothing!, I uninstalled chaseplane tonight and reloaded, (downloaded new copy) but still no control? Using FSX-SE.

Thanks for your help.

Jim