Sign in to follow this  
cobo

Ground Steerring

I have added a Tiller for steering on ground..

Could you please add an option so I can use it?

Using the spoiler lever is not pleasant., one of the reason my flying this bird is minimized.

PLEASE.

Best regards.

So what do you want to use as the tiller control? Not sure what kind of option you're looking for but this works already.  (Or maybe I do not understand the issue)

Mario Di Lauro

An option so the spoiler don't work as a tiller. 

I build my own tiller but does not work in this plane. 

So I don't mention names, all other aircraft add os work well.

Thanks 

The initial design of the Q400 did not and still does not rely on FSUIPC.  Default FSX did not have a tiller axis, so at the time we used the best option available for the implementation of the tiller.

We "may revisit" this when other critical aspects of the TRAINING Edition are complete.

Cheers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

18 hours ago, crosswind said:

The initial design of the Q400 did not and still does not rely on FSUIPC.  Default FSX did not have a tiller axis, so at the time we used the best option available for the implementation of the tiller.

We "may revisit" this when other critical aspects of the TRAINING Edition are complete.

Cheers

Don't know about FSX but P3D has a native "Axis Steering Set" axis that can control nose wheel steering on on other planes. Can this be made available to the Q400?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

AS mentioned in the previous post:  We "may revisit" this when other critical aspects of the TRAINING Edition are complete.

Cheers

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

Looking forward to it.

I have assigned a Tiller control thru FSUIPC to an added Tiller.

All my Jetliners use this and ill be waiting for this new revision.

I see the original intent and do appreciate it as a customer, but you know, some of us we add stuff along the way to simulate as real as we can.

Best regards.

I have completely removed FSUIPC, instead using SpadNext now for my Saitek stuff. I programmed my Yoke (besides Axis Control Ailerion Set) with a second event: LVAR Q400 STEERING TILLER.

So when I'm on the ground I can steer the tiller with the yoke. Works fine !

BTW, there's a loooong list of commands for the Q400 that can be programmed to buttons and axis of Saitek panels and gear after installing the Dash.

4 hours ago, Otto Groschenbügel said:

I programmed my Yoke (besides Axis Control Ailerion Set) with a second event: LVAR Q400 STEERING TILLER.

Wouldn't this be basically same as choosing the Aileron steering control option in the MJC control panel?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

On 2/26/2018 at 1:42 PM, cobo said:

Looking forward to it.

I have assigned a Tiller control thru FSUIPC to an added Tiller.

All my Jetliners use this and ill be waiting for this new revision.

I see the original intent and do appreciate it as a customer, but you know, some of us we add stuff along the way to simulate as real as we can.

Best regards.

I did not say that we will, so do not be disappointed if we do not change it. There are a few other parameters that we need to consider based on our ground friction handling which was a tedious task to implement.

Banner_MJC8.png

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:52 PM, crosswind said:

I did not say that we will, so do not be disappointed if we do not change it. There are a few other parameters that we need to consider based on our ground friction handling which was a tedious task to implement.

Well, I'll be disappointed, i like your aircraft by hate that control assignment. 

That's one of the reason I do not fly it as often as PMDG, Aerosoft, Feelthere Quality Wings, Captain sim.

So I have not taken the time to fully explore and stuff.

I like the icing and some other features.

But understand, limited resources can be a factor and it is what it is.

Best regards.

Having trouble getting the ailerons plus mouse option to work on my Q400 in P3DV4.   I set it on the control panel and click '"apply" but cannot get it to work on the aircraft.  What am I doing wrong?  The only way I can get sharp turns is using the mouse on the steering tiller--kinda cumbersome..

JOHN

14 hours ago, hillsboy said:

Having trouble getting the ailerons plus mouse option to work on my Q400 in P3DV4.   I set it on the control panel and click '"apply" but cannot get it to work on the aircraft.  What am I doing wrong?  The only way I can get sharp turns is using the mouse on the steering tiller--kinda cumbersome..

JOHN

If you haven't you need to reload the Q400 or the sim (?) to effect the change.

gb.

Make sure you are running the MJC84 CPAN as Admin too, otherwise it might fail to write the changes to the MJC84.ini. That's in addition to what GB said above about reloading the aircraft after making these kind of changes.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg