Sign in to follow this  
ggi

MD-80 Fonts

I'm getting unstable fonts for the digital displays on the VC of the MD-80. The font keeps changing when using Win10 and P3Dv4.1. I found the fonts folder in the Maddog folder and have installed each font individually, but so far the fonts keep changing and re-sizing. (Digital displays (radio panel) and FMC only), what is strange is that the proper fonts display, then revert to a different font when changing views. The proper font can appear on the F/O side yet wrong fonts are displayed on the Capt side simultaneously. Resizing the 2D panel can create this on the FMC, but mainly it's the VC affected.

• Upvote 1

Can you please provide your sim, sim display settings and monitor size?

Thanks.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

P3dv4.1 (about to go to 4.2). 1920x1080 monitor. P3D settings for video used and not altered. 2048px MD textures for VC and external. 

Thanks! Gary

Gary, if you did not solve the issue please send a support ticket.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

Support ticket sent - 4.2 still gives changing fonts, APU start leads to CTD, it's unusable so far.
I am operating several high end P3D products sucessfully so it appears to be a MD-80 issue.

Hoping this can be fixed.

Thanks for any help or suggestions out there!

I can send images of the corrupted display if this helps - please PM me as I don't have an upload site to post on.

I've been reading the forum and I see TACPAC possible conflict. I do have TACPAC installed. Will see if stopping TACPAC resolves the issue.

Looks like a TACPAC conflict - early indications appear to show errors resolved following non-start of TACPAC module at sim start.