Sign in to follow this  
RoyalToto

Improvements & Problems

On 23/02/2018 at 6:08 PM, Mad_X said:

That is no the point here unfortunately. The Dash is a more advanced FS2CREW (not to speak of the NGX or the 747) which has nothing to do with Prop vs. Jet. This is an old version ported over to the new Maddog. Where are briefings? Ground Crew voice cammands? Dialing the radios? Setting DA/ DH? Multiple SOPs? etc.

Then antiquate stuff: The timer is hidden in the settings panel, no customisation etc.

I used to be a huge fan of FS2Crew and a huge supporter as well but since the P3Dv4 pricing and now with this release it feels like just cashing in.  

I have to disagree a little bit :biggrin:.  Having just flown the Dash 8 again after a bit of time on the Maddog, I was shocked about how little you could do compared with the Maddog.  You can instruct the first officer to do almost everything in the Maddog.  Watch some cockpit videos on youtube.  The vast majority of calls made by the PF to the PM can be replicated (from dialing in frequencies to setting autopilot and thrust commands).  The checklist is also very intuitive and easy to learn, so that I can fly without any documentation open.

Edited by NeilC

beta.gif

In regarding to setting DA/DH.

This is an improvement over the Dash 8, and the old Maddog FS2Crew.  In Maddog Reboot, you bug DA/DA directly on the Capt's altimeter.  It's more efficient and integrated this way.

This is documented in the manual.  You don't need to enter DA/DH manually anywhere. You set it directly via the Bug on the Capt's Altimeter.

This was forever possible in the Dash as well. Only the PMDGs have it externally because you cannot read it there. 

But why you have included the MDA selector then? When am I supposed to use it?

Why can I not talk to the ground crew? 

MDA selector... please read the manual as it explains how it works.

It's only used as backup additive value.

The manual explains it all.

Ground Crew:  Same reason we couldn't do it in the old Maddog:  It's not technically possible to interface with it.  We tried.

On 2/24/2018 at 11:57 AM, byork said:

You're welcome :-)

This is a voice control product.  Briefings are really only for Button Control.

In Voice Control, since you are the one talking, you would speak the brief.

Hi Bryan. Many thanks for your hard work on this product. I'm very much enjoying learning to fly the Maddog X with the support of my first officer. :biggrin:

I take your point on the briefings being for button control, but I do miss (from most of your other products) being able to select the different options in the before takeoff and before landing briefings, such as the type of approach, decision height etc, and then listen to the pilot run through it. I can't remember all those things off hand to announce the briefing myself - so I wonder if there was a way to integrate the topics you should cover (as a reminder / suggested script) into the panel or if that's too complicated, into the manual or captain's flow and checklists? With your other products, even if I don't play the briefing, I can use the panel to help me work out what to say in the briefing.

The other thing I really miss are the flight attendant announcements, such as when the cabin crew does a safety briefing during engine start, as well as the prerecorded PA announcements (such as the welcome, turbulence warning, top of cruise, top of descent etc). Was there any particular reason these weren't included? Again, I appreciate with voice control you can make these yourself, but I find they add to the immersion (and I only use voice control, never the button control versions).

Thank you.

Edited by randomravings
Noticed typos
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, randomravings said:

Hi Bryan. Many thanks for your hard work on this product. I'm very much enjoying learning to fly the Maddog X with the support of my first officer. :biggrin:

Hi,

Glad you like it :-)

As mentioned before, many of the items you'd find on the briefing pages of other FS2Crew are not required in this version.

For example, Decision Height is built into the Bug on the Captain's Altimeter, which personally I think is better and more realistic.

If you want to do an autoland, you don't need to make a selection on the Brief Panel.  You just simply tell the FO "Yes" or "No" when he asks you if you will do an autoland.

If you want to do an FO takeoff, unlike the old FS2Crew Maddog, you no longer need to make a manual selection.  In Reboot, tou just tell him "Takeoff you have control' as shown in the manual.

The desired TO Flap however you still need to input manually if you don't want the default setting... that's on the CFG page.

Cabin Announcements are 100 percent there.

Unlike the old FS2Crew Maddog, we integrated their control directly into the aircraft to make it more real.

Twist the the PA knob on the Capt's audio panel to turn the volume up for the Cabin PAs.

Spin the mouse wheel to twist the PA knob

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, byork said:

Cabin Announcements are 100 percent there.

Unlike the old FS2Crew Maddog, we integrated their control directly into the aircraft to make it more real.

Twist the the PA knob on the Capt's audio panel to turn the volume up for the Cabin PAs.

Spin the mouse wheel to twist the PA knob

Awesome. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

The PAs dont play in any position of the PA knob. Do i have to push it in as well? Probably in relation to the overall sound issues I experience as described in another thread.

Regarding the low resolution texture of the FS2Crew panel: the day version is sharp and high resolution but the night version is very low res. As the FO seems to always turn on the overhead light during the flightdeck preparation, you only get to see the sharp textures for a short timespan. You can fix it by manually turning of all cockpit lights again...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dakirim said:

The PAs dont play in any position of the PA knob. Do i have to push it in as well? Probably in relation to the overall sound issues I experience as described in another thread.

Regarding the low resolution texture of the FS2Crew panel: the day version is sharp and high resolution but the night version is very low res. As the FO seems to always turn on the overhead light during the flightdeck preparation, you only get to see the sharp textures for a short timespan. You can fix it by manually turning of all cockpit lights again...

The PA's got broken.  I've fixed them for V1.3, which will be released very, very soon.

Night resolution for the FS2Crew Night Panel appears low because the artist applied a glow effect to the text.

• Upvote 1

Hi. Is there a way to get the copilot to set the transponder / squawk code as there is in other FS2Crew modules?i couldn’t find it in the manual and instructing the copilot didn’t work for me. Thanks. 🤔

26 minutes ago, randomravings said:

Hi. Is there a way to get the copilot to set the transponder / squawk code as there is in other FS2Crew modules?i couldn’t find it in the manual and instructing the copilot didn’t work for me. Thanks. 🤔

That's coming in V1.3, which will probably be out very soon.

You an also set the Nav and Comm Radio, too, in V1.3.

• Upvote 1