Hello guys. This is my first post here, even though I've been lurking for quite a while now...

This is a post to announce a new livery for the 747-400ER Qotsll V3: South African Airways "new" paint. After wanting to fly through Africa, Europe and Middle East I looked for a nice SAA livery, but all I could find was some squishy models with inaccurate color palette and logo distortions (not saying mine is perfect). I then decided to give it a try and here it is. I chose the words (from a real SAA 747 by the way) SHOSHOLOZA for this livery and here is what it means (just copy pasted from Wikipedia):

"Shosholoza" is a Fanagalo song that was sung by the mixed tribes of miners mining gold in South Africa. It is a mix of Zulu and Ndebele words, and can have various other South African languages thrown in depending on the singers. It was sung by all-male African workers that were working in the South African mines in a call and response style. The song is so popular in South African culture that it is often referred to as South Africa's second national anthem.

Anyway, here is the link for the PTP file: https://nofile.io/f/07MKZOcOjxO/PMDG+747-400ER+V3+South+African+Airways+(Shosholoza)+2018.ptp

Please let me know if you find any mistakes or faults regarding the file or the painting. I am open to receive new requests as well.

Enjoy. :)

Thanks! Will try it out!

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

9 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Thanks! Will try it out!

Cool! Let me know how you like it.

Here is a JPG of the Livery as a preview.

8zHmgL.jpg

Hello all, so I made a few modifications and adjustments as I searched for more images to use as refererence. Also, the textures were too Blurry and this is because I had saved them with MipMaps... Now everything is working as intended and the colors are more accurate. Below is a compilation of a few images:

NpMZUL.jpg

You will notice that most of the AI aircraft painted as SAA usually have darker colors on their tails and writing, which is inaccurate according to the research I did. This is the final painting. I hope you all enjoy the livery and feel free to request more if you like. :)

DOWNLOAD PTP:

https://nofile.io/f/cKSzeCE2Suz/PMDG+747-400ER+South+African+Airways+(NZ-SAC+2018).ptp  

(PMDG 747-400ER V3 South African Airways Livery)

- Paulo

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the repaint. I just finished a fight from KJFK to FAOR in the old colour SAA Lugdiens and I wished I had the new livery. I was so happy to see your post. and have downloaded it and it is really very well done.

I wish someone would paint the MJC Q400 for P3D4 in SA Express livery. Then my hanger would be complete for now till the Airbuses come alive from Aerosoft.

Seetella Makhetha