Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Lorby AIAircraftTweaker available

Hello @ll,

I have decided to release my "AiAircraftTweaker" tool as freeware. It is available on the Lorby-Si website, section DOWNLOADS.

I made this tool for my own use, but seeing that more people are having the requirement to manipulate multiple AI aircraft definitions in one go, I decided to release it "as-is".

The tool will scan your simulator for AI aircraft (and optionally flyable ones) and you can

- add default radios to aircraft that don't have them (to avoid AI getting stuck at the gate)

- disable the exits (so the AI doesn't request the jetway at the gate)

- tweak "toe brake scale" and "min throttle limit" (to change the distance that an AI needs to come to a stop on the runway when landing)

These actions can be applied to a single aircraft or to all aircraft in a folder.

Please feel free to post your ideas in this thread what else you would want to see in the list, or which action would be useful to perform on multiple SimObjects in one go.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 3

LORBY-SI

Thanks as always Oliver!  This tool will come in handy.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I've just discovered this handy utility. Haven't installed or experimented with it yet. I have MyTraffic Pro in P3D v3.4. The Ai land and stop in the first quarter of the runway which is ridiculous. I'm guessing this is why Oliver created the utility.

Are there any values I can try which others have found produce a more realistic landing?

Thanks for your service to the FS community Oliver. :smile:👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello Ray,

in my experience you have to make really large changes to see an effect. Like reducing both values by 95% (= set the numerical control to -95 and execute)

Please make a backup of the MT6 aircraft before you start experimenting. Just make a copy of the folder "C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft" and keep it in a safe place. To revert to the original values, just delete the "C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft" and copy your backup there.

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

Thanks Oliver, I'll try those values. Funny how we've come so far since FSX but the same underlying problems exist.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Oliver,

I’ve spent a few frustrating hours tweaking and observing Ai after changing the two parameters in AiAircraftTweaker. I’ve come to the conclusion you cannot assign the same values to all aircraft.

I setup my aircraft to the side of 09L at EGLL and set Time Accel to x4. I watched as the various Ai landed and how they exited the runway.

The i in Ai certainly doesn’t stand for intelligence. Rather than move forward a little they will do a 180 and use an exit behind them. The A330 bounced up and down after landing so that needs special attention.

I have been using the same global value for braking and min throttle but that doesn’t appear to be wise. A 737 took almost the full length to exit whereas a 747 exited around half-way.

So instead of a global value it looks like I need to use the percentage option. Can you confirm if I set the percentage to -95 it will change 0.25 to 0.0125 and 0.45 will become 0.0225. Just so I fully understand the logic, thanks.

Of course if you have found good numbers for various aircraft like the A320, B738 etc. that would be appreciated.

Very useful utility. Just need P3D to play ball.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello Ray,

the percentage is probably the best way to set those values. I assume that, as all parameters can be different for different aircraft models, and that the simulator actually handles each AI model in a different way, that this goes for the brake and throttle values too. What you are doing here is basically tweaking the individual FDE of each AI aircraft.

You are right about the percentage algorithm, that is how it works. NewValue = OldValue + ( OldValue * (percentage / 100) ).

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

Thanks Oliver. Hopefully that approach will be more successful.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather