Sign in to follow this  
roostewart6

New PC, Fresh Install, Flying around AUS

You have ticked DX10 in fsx right?

You need to sync the anti aliasing you selected on steves DX10 opening screen to whats in Nvidea inspector

google you tube "dx10 and nvidea inspector" for tutorials

My GPU runs on average at 50-70% and a hundred in heavy clouds but its not as powerful as yours so I dont know what is normal for the 1080

None of the above will fix your 50% drop in FPS though. Thats a complete mystery

Edited by zmak

ZORAN

3 hours ago, roostewart6 said:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.0]
Mode=1024x768x32

If this is really the resolution you're running at, and with antialiasing off, then it's no surprise that your GPU is so lightly loaded. How hard is your CPU working (individual cores rather than CPU average)? Again, at this sort of resolution an 8700k should hardly be breaking sweat. Have you checked individual core temperatures to rule out thermal throttling as a possible culprit (possible if your cooler is not seated properly)?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU.png

This is what Im typically seeing after downloading a Cpu monitor... core 2 seems to be doing the majority of the work....

You have ticked DX10 in fsx right?  yep

I had a crack at changing the affinity mask to 1364.... (I seen this number somewhere here on the forum) to spread the load over the cpu/cores.. this seemed to work. BUT didnt improve the frame rate....

FS8.png

Maybe its not a hardware issue, because its not using the PC's full resources... memory 50% the SSD hard drive is hardly breaking a sweat.  And the GPU load sits around 20% as shown

maybe a software issue throttling back the Frames some how...???? any suggestions?

Can you enter these settings and select Anistotropic and antiailising from the graphics tab and then go back to ymml with a heavy aircraft like pmdg. Activate ATC ,active sky or whatever programs you have getting ready for a flight and tell me what FPS your getting on the ground.

settings%20fsx_zps4uu08bzl.jpg

Edited by zmak

ZORAN

Hey Zmak, Thanks again for your time mate.

Copied the exact settings with Rex Overdrive running, NO traffic at all. ( all traffic sliders to the left).  Dont have any payware/freeware heavy aircraft so used the stock standard Boeing 747-400

Daytime, set on runway.

with GROUND SCENERY SHADOWS toggled OFF.  the Frame doubles to 45FPS.    (22 toggled on)  Huge difference. 

However none of the PC's hardware is being pushed at all, and there's like 80% in reserve!  Makes no sense...?

(PS is there any decent freeware heavy aircraft links?)

1 hour ago, roostewart6 said:

Hey Zmak, Thanks again for your time mate.

Copied the exact settings with Rex Overdrive running, NO traffic at all. ( all traffic sliders to the left).  Dont have any payware/freeware heavy aircraft so used the stock standard Boeing 747-400

Daytime, set on runway.

with GROUND SCENERY SHADOWS toggled OFF.  the Frame doubles to 45FPS.    (22 toggled on)  Huge difference. 

However none of the PC's hardware is being pushed at all, and there's like 80% in reserve!  Makes no sense...?

(PS is there any decent freeware heavy aircraft links?)

There is nothing wrong with your frames they are outstanding! You will easily handle PMDG. I aslo have ground scenery shadows off as the hit is to big. Your good to go!

If you want your gpu to work harder then go back a few posts and increase your resolution to max by enabling HDR like i showed you.

What Anti aliasing to you have on your DX10 scenery fixer program? I have 8 but you could go higher but only if it makes a visual difference

Your rig will work much harder when you start using super heavy hitting payware aircraft eg pmdg 777

At the moment your using default which have nearly a zero fps hit, no wonder your cpu and 1080 are half asleep

edit

make sure you enable shadows and bloom

You could aslo probably bump up autogen density to whatever you want

Edited by zmak

ZORAN