Sign in to follow this  
Tims Sim

Menu Window Position

Hi,

I'd like to get rid of the VOXATC window altogether, please see my post on remote panels. However, if this is not possible can anyone tell me how the coordinates work for positioning of the menu window? If I can't get rid of it altogether onto a client PC, then I'd like to have it open up set to a particular size and to a particular location in the P3D screen area. I have tried making changes in the aircraft panel CFG but it's hit and miss where it ends up and how large/small it is.

Thanks and regards

Dave

Edited by Tims Sim

Dave,

This is my settings for VOX:

[Window07]                            //VoxATC
visible=1
size_mm=400,200
window_size=0.3,0.3
window_pos=0.01,0.700
//window_pos=0.05,0.05
background_color=0,0,0
ident=14077
zorder=5
alpha_blend=0.65
gauge00=VAGauge!VoxATCPrompt,0,0

Where window_pos= 0.01, 0.700      = 0.01 left side of monitor and 0.700 is down equal lower left corner.

2 hours ago, egkkman said:

Hi,

I'd like to get rid of the VOXATC window altogether, please see my post on remote panels. However, if this is not possible can anyone tell me how the coordinates work for positioning of the menu window? If I can't get rid of it altogether onto a client PC, then I'd like to have it open up set to a particular size and to a particular location in the P3D screen area. I have tried making changes in the aircraft panel CFG but it's hit and miss where it ends up and how large/small it is.

Thanks and regards

Dave

There is a key combination to toggle the window off and on. I have it programmed onto my throttle and don’t recall the combination, but it is in the manual. When toggled off, the window is completely gone. 

Shift+8 in my panel above and the Recent Com on Shift+9 . I have it on my Logitech G13 and bring it up when needed.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

I have not explained myself very well. What I would like to be able to do is move the window to a position on the screen (I am using 3 projectors) where it is not intrusive but I can still see it, so bottom right of the screen would be good. I can do this each time I start Voxatc by dragging the window to my chosen position. What I would like to do is have it stay in the position I place it at so that each time I start Voxatc it is located in my chosen spot.

I hope this is a better explanation.

EDIT: Thanks riwig, I think I understand what you're suggesting.

Regards

Dave

Edited by Tims Sim

9 hours ago, riwig said:

[Window07]                            //VoxATC
visible=1 - The window is visible by default.
size_mm=400,200 - "A definition of the unit size used for placing and sizing gauges on this panel.  For example, if the size_mm is 200 x 200 and a gauge's size is 50, 50, it will take up 1/16th ( ¼  x  ¼) of the panel window." from the SDK reference
window_size=0.3,0.3 - The popup window will be 30% of both the screen width and length
window_pos=0.01,0.700 - riwig already explained this
//window_pos=0.05,0.05
background_color=0,0,0 - transparent background. See alpha_blend.
ident=14077 - unique id for the popup window
zorder=5 - "Determines the order of appearance of the panels on the screen. Takes values from 0 (bottom) to 100 (top)." from the SDK reference
alpha_blend=0.65 - opacity in this case 65% opaque.
gauge00=VAGauge!VoxATCPrompt,0,0 gauge file that contains the panel's code. It can be either a DLL (usually written in a variant of C), XML or Adobe Scaleform.

^Here's what this all does. More info at:

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/panels_and_user_interface/panels/panel_configuration_files.html

Edited by jabloomf1230

jabloomf1230,

In VOX the text window is with transparent background and the Recent Com have white background. Do you know how to change the background to transparent background?

I know how to change the text color but can't find the settings for the background. Changing background color to 0.0.0 doesn't seems to change anything.

Edited by riwig

Editing panel.cfg won't change the comm msg panel. It's probably set to white programatically. I've tried everything that I could think of and all that happens is that the panel's text becomes unreadable. Let me know if you have better luck.

Jay,

I tried to change the background color in panel.cfg too and that didn't work. I guess you are right, programmatically coded. Another issue I have with VOX is when cruising and VOX is calling me to descend it takes a long time from I push the button to respond until I hear the click sound and can begin to speak. Any idea what cause this problem?

When I finally have establish contact it works as normal.

Sorry, no. I have had that happen when attempting to call for clearance at a busy airport with an intricate taxiway system. About five seconds after pressing the key I hear the PTT sound. 

Does it happen to you on every flight?

Every flight as soon I have contacted Oceanic Center and cruising. Sometimes is up to 1 minute before I hear the PTT sound.

Edited by riwig