Sign in to follow this  
17shahrishi

P3D.EXE has stopped working!

I spent the entire afternoon yesterday prepping for a flight down to Sydney only ti wake up in the morning to find that "P3D has stopped WORKING" thus I pulled this from my event viewer. Have I've been the only one who's been receiving this issue lately its happened like 3 times!

The only addons I have are:

FS DreamTeam KLAX

PMDG 737 NGX 600/700/900/900

PMDG 747

PMDG 777-200LR/F and 300ER

Chaseplane

ONE of the crashes were related to .NET Runtime

Prepar3D.exe 
5a7c832c 
VCRUNTIME140.dll 
59dd7da2 
c0000005 
000000000000caa7 
3db0 
01d3b2569ab0fc23 
C:\Users\17ris\Desktop\P3D\Prepar3D.exe 
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll 
3a704d6e-b87a-4be1-a792-c05125f5b6d9

Application: Prepar3D.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFD1236CAA7

-Rishi Shah

I7 4770K @ 3.5 ghz, GTX 970 4 gb, 256 gb SSD, 16 gb RAM, MSI Z87-G41 Motherboard, 650 watt PSU

Banner_MJC5.png

36.jpg

I had this issue also three times, and after reading a lot of posts on this forum, i realised that i had never deleted my "shaders" folder:blink:, even after updating to P3Dv4.1 and istalling several scenery's...

Now i delete my "shaders"-folder every-some days, and never had this issue again (cross fingers ...)

It may or it may not help for you, but it would not hurt if you try.

34 minutes ago, Headley said:

I had this issue also three times, and after reading a lot of posts on this forum, i realised that i had never deleted my "shaders" folder:blink:, even after updating to P3Dv4.1 and istalling several scenery's...

Now i delete my "shaders"-folder every-some days, and never had this issue again (cross fingers ...)

It may or it may not help for you, but it would not hurt if you try.

I attempting to a full reinstall of P3D and all my addons

-Rishi Shah

I7 4770K @ 3.5 ghz, GTX 970 4 gb, 256 gb SSD, 16 gb RAM, MSI Z87-G41 Motherboard, 650 watt PSU

Banner_MJC5.png

36.jpg

Just now, 17shahrishi said:

I attempting to a full reinstall of P3D and all my addons

OMG don't do that.. you could end up with more problems.

NET Framework is the one that created the exception, which was due to an other module trying to access memory that it probably should have been able to but the world was already crashing.  This problem has nothing to do with P3D, but probably an addon such as Chaseplane. Remove all addons from P3D and test P3D,  if it works okay then add addons.  Make sure your addons are up to date and compatible with P3Dv4.2.

Your problem statement said you set up a mission then went to bed.  I assume you left the computer running when you went to bed?  Did you think about saving the scenario where you were at in case you lost power?  Never a good thing to not save your work before leaving a computer alone for hours.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

2 minutes ago, downscc said:

OMG don't do that.. you could end up with more problems.

NET Framework is the one that created the exception, which was due to an other module trying to access memory that it probably should have been able to but the world was already crashing.  This problem has nothing to do with P3D, but probably an addon such as Chaseplane. Remove all addons from P3D and test P3D,  if it works okay then add addons.  Make sure your addons are up to date and compatible with P3Dv4.2.

Your problem statement said you set up a mission then went to bed.  I assume you left the computer running when you went to bed?  Did you think about saving the scenario where you were at in case you lost power?  Never a good thing to not save your work before leaving a computer alone for hours.

Alright, I'm gonna try that, hopefully Chaseplane is the one that is causing the problem, Yep I left my PC on and running when I went to bed and not I didn't think about saving it, I'll probably en up doing that from now on

-Rishi Shah

Banner_MJC5.png

36.jpg

6 minutes ago, 17shahrishi said:

Alright, I'm gonna try that, hopefully Chaseplane is the one that is causing the problem, Yep I left my PC on and running when I went to bed and not I didn't think about saving it, I'll probably en up doing that from now on

I always save my work when using Excel or Word before I take a break or answer the phone.  Same applies to flight simulator.

Dan Downs KCRP

Chase Plane also has an experimental version for 4.2 I might enable that then try the flight again to see if it crashes, if it does crash, I'll remove CP till the next update

-Rishi Shah

Banner_MJC5.png

36.jpg

Would this also cause p3dv4.2 to CTD upon initial start up even before the main UI loads?

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Would this also cause p3dv4.2 to CTD upon initial start up even before the main UI loads?

Hi Chris, P3D will fail to launch if there is an error in an add-on.xml file, even as minor as an extra space at the end of a line or a missing tag.  It will also crater before launch if there are errors in any one of the multiple dll.xml and exe.xml configuration files.... I think a problem in the add-on.cfg file is simply ignored but haven't verified that.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 4.3.2018 at 5:58 PM, downscc said:

Hi Chris, P3D will fail to launch if there is an error in an add-on.xml file, even as minor as an extra space at the end of a line or a missing tag.  It will also crater before launch if there are errors in any one of the multiple dll.xml and exe.xml configuration files.... I think a problem in the add-on.cfg file is simply ignored but haven't verified that.

Errors in the cfg files are normally ignored and reset by the default „values“. Make a typo at eg hotkeyselect=1 and it will just not do it...

OK guys;

exception code c0000005 is thrown by an access violation. (when looking at VC++)

This can most likely be caused by accessing a stale pointer or reading off the end of an array. 

Problem, it can also be:

• a bad video driver
  • printer driver (they love to run in background)
  • good ol' antivirus
  • and more

The event viewer tells us that P3D crashed- problem:

A bunch of addons link to that process (only visible in process explorer etc.) - It can therefore be any addon litterally

In this case I would ignore nr 1 and 2 as this is extremely unlikely.

So do you have a antivirus?

Also update this VC++ libary. Then try again and if the error persist disable one addon after the other. 

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

14 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Errors in the cfg files are normally ignored and reset by the default „values“. Make a typo at eg hotkeyselect=1 and it will just not do it...

Sure, but I was specifically talking about the add-on.xml files.  The add-on.cfg file is structured the same as the scenery.cfg file and the entry points to a location of the add-on.xml for processing instead of to a scenery location.  I haven't played with errors in this file, and assume that and error would be similar to an error in scenery.cfg where either error messages are displayed or object is simply ignored.  Not sure which... there is no default value to fall back to.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Just now, 30K said:

This can most likely be caused by accessing a stale pointer or reading off the end of an array. 

According to the book, sure, but with P3D most of the time it is simply one module still running after the crash occurred in a different stream and when it goes to reach for a memory element that memory is already being released and it triggers an exception.  You can rebuild the runtime library until the cows come home but it won't solve this problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

26 minutes ago, downscc said:

According to the book, sure, but with P3D most of the time it is simply one module still running after the crash occurred in a different stream and when it goes to reach for a memory element that memory is already being released and it triggers an exception.  You can rebuild the runtime library until the cows come home but it won't solve this problem.

depends;

When the redistributable is faulty... Have experienced so much at my uni...

One time the function

#include "stdafx.h"
#include <iostream>
#include <atomic>
#include <xlocmon>

using std::cout;
using std::wcout;
using std::endl;

int main()
{

int abc = INT_MAX;
	cout << abc << endl;
	wcout << abc << endl;
    return 0;
}

gave:

2147483647 (as expected)

9223372036854775807 (not as expected (is the INT64_MAX))

on one of our local Pcs. Till today nobody knows why and don't ask why this guy used wcout.

Still having the project for the lulz :)

I have 2-3 more stories ready but the point is that you simply cannot exclude the VC++ redistributable as it can be throw this exception itself.

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png