Sign in to follow this  
Easton Williams

How to get RealityXP GTN 750 working?

22 hours ago, Easton Williams said:

The developers from either A2A or Reality XP should have fixed this by now

In all honesty, if you had been patient and applied what others have provided, both in this topic and in others you could have read,  you would easily have fixed this for yourself by now!   I am not sure after 20 years on this site that I have witnessed such a string of negative posts from someone arriving here.  

We are better than you give credit for, and so are the products you question.  Thus .....

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

"I am not sure after 20 years on this site that I have witnessed such a string of negative posts from someone arriving here."

most people wanting support are already in a negative mood, otherwise everything would be fine and no support would be needed. I doubt I would have fixed this by now as it has opened up a host of other issues...namely GPU usage skyrocketed and weird artifact lighting in my plane that I don't recall being there before the installation.

That is not negativity, that is called realism. It is a fact that this product is not working, and it is a fact that I paid for something that does not, and will not function correctly and essentially has no compatibility. I came here to figure out why it was not working and how to fix it, but it infuriates me that it has to be fixed in the first place. 

When I buy something I expect it to work period, I also expect the product to be finished, this is not a finished product. If you read my recent posts I stated that I was still having issues and I really don't want to deal with all of this, I said that the last thing that I want to do is come home after spending my $50 and devote hours of my time fixing something that should work fine, I go to school over full time, drive 60 miles one way to school everyday, then work another 20 hours a week, I don't really want to deal with stuff like this, if that is negativity so be it. At my age and in school $50 is at least 5-7hours of work, I decided to spend that on a GPS system for my sim and NOT fiddle with it for that many hours worth of time. Heck, so far I have spent at least 10 hours messing with this.

It is frustrating.

I understand people are being helpful, and I am indeed thankful for that and said so, but there should be information readily available stating that A2A aircraft are not compatible, instead it simply lists FSX, P3D compatibility, on top of that after quickly searching around I found a couple of posts saying it did work with A2A, but I did not know it meant manually installing it myself. It would be like if I built a computer, and my a 3D modeling program that I depend on says it supports AMD GPUs, then I buy a AMD GPU, but guess what? Turns out they don't support that particular GPU...Then I just wasted $1000 and they tell me I have to fix it myself.

This aside, thankfully Flight1 accepts refunds and I got a refund for the product, I don't want to deal with having to stress out about fixing it and take time away from other more important things in my life like school. Then I would have to do this for 2 other aircraft and probably have to continue to troubleshoot. Not what I paid for.

I understand that A2A is like a slug and wont integrate this system into their aircraft and that's a shame, but someone needs to iron this out and it is not going to be me, its going to have to be Reality XP. I know developing is a pain and stuff like this happens, but customers should not have to deal with the headache, they don't pay for that.

To all that were helpful, thanks, and hopefully A2A and others fix this, make it fully compatible, make installers for it and fix bugs, then I will buy it again but as for now I will just wait until then.

10 hours ago, Easton Williams said:

That is not negativity, that is called realism. It is a fact that this product is not working, and it is a fact that I paid for something that does not, and will not function correctly and essentially has no compatibility. I came here to figure out why it was not working and how to fix it, but it infuriates me that it has to be fixed in the first place. 

With respect...

It's all about how you approach an issue when one crops up, including being able to separate the idea of what's working for you, vs what the product is actually capable of doing and in fact IS doing for many others.  I've been a user of RXP's V1 and V2 GNS products as well as the newer GTN going back for years.  I have them working in multiple aircraft from a diverse group of developers including Just Flight, Carenado and RealAir without issues and am a huge fan.  I previously had them working with A2A planes as well, but have not (yet) purchased the P3D versions since moving from FSX.  The majority of my installations have "just worked" using the tools and documentation included with the products.  Those that have not worked right off, have generally been due to issues relating to quirks in some of the planes I've installed to and all have been resolved with the help of the community and Jean-Luc from RXP.

I understand that you experienced issues, but what would have served you best would have been to realize that there were likely solutions out there for your problems and people who would have helped you had you not put up constant roadblocks to that help.  Note, for example, that there are multiple posts on the RXP forums describing in some detail how to implement the new gauges into A2A planes in P3D.

Reading your posts someone could be left with the impression that these products don't work and that's simply not true.  They're working beautifully for me and many others.

Scott

• Upvote 2

It may work for others, but it did not for me. I followed the steps given and still came across issues, listened to solutions, implemented them, and it still did not work correctly. After being able to get it into the plane I ran into extremely high GPU usage, which there is not a solution for, and the screen was so bright it was hard to read it even after changing the brightness in the GTN and the files. It opened up a host of other issues that I just did not want to continue dealing with...

I stated my mindset on this earlier, I am not a fan of buying something, figuring out it does not work for me, then having to fix it myself, that simply is not what I paid for. I would be happy if it did work correctly, obviously I thought it was worth my money but then it became a headache and starting devouring my time, time isn't free and it never comes back. I just don't have time to mess with this that much.

"there are multiple posts on the RXP forums describing in some detail how to implement the new gauges into A2A planes in P3D" I tried these methods and while it did "work" it did not work properly and caused other problems, worse problems that would take WAY more time to fix, if they even could be fixed. When I do decide to fly in my sim I really don't want to pop open the $50 GPS I paid for, not be able to read the screen, see it staying eternally on (like when the power is off), see weird artifact lighting on the outside of the plane which wasn't there before, and watch the screen stutter like crazy because it is eating my GPU.

I am thankful that people were willing to help, but at the end of the day customers should not have to go through this, while everyone with an A2A aircraft that bought this may have not had as many issues as me, they all had to install it themselves. I know that is not right, not how a business should run, and someone on the development end should remedy this before they start losing more customers because it is not our job to fix something that was paid for to work, at least add to the website that it is not compatible with certain aircraft! All I saw was that it works with P3D, read a quick post on how it works in A2A planes, but failed to find out that I would have to do it all myself. Needless to say that is not how I wanted to spend my weekend.

Some people can think I am being negative, rude etc. I can assure you that is not the case, I am just someone who doesn't have the time to deal with things like this, don't like having to fix things I paid for that should work, and think that someone, not customers, should fix these issues before selling a product and at the very least let it be known on the website what it is compatible with. I am a very pro consumer/business minded person and I buy products with this mindset. I understand that while the product itself is fine, and that A LOT of work went into developing it (I know that takes hundreds if not thousands of hours of hard work), it would be nice if Reality XP at least had a statement on their website on how it is not compatible with these aircraft out of the box, and A2A needs to work with them to make an implementation for it, I am quite frankly not happy with them either on this and wont buy any of their products until this is fixed.

thanks all for the help and have a nice day,

Easton