Sign in to follow this  
Holclo

Restarting P3Dv4 from last position.

How can I restart P3D from where I hast left the programme? For example when I leave the programme at Airport xxxx and Gate xx  then on the next session P3D will load up at the same location.

Using “Previous Flight” as the Default start up doesnt seem to achieve this.

Why do you not just save the flight and then load it when you restart the sim?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Yes I could do that but previously I had flightsim set to do this automatically (cannot remember how I did this). Just wanting to be slick:biggrin:

49 minutes ago, Holclo said:

Yes I could do that but previously I had flightsim set to do this automatically (cannot remember how I did this). Just wanting to be slick:biggrin:

FSUIPC has a feature that does this.  It's called "autosave."  You can set the number of saves and the time between saves.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

3 hours ago, vp49p3 said:

FSUIPC has a feature that does this.  It's called "autosave."  You can set the number of saves and the time between saves.

That was it. Thank you.

10 hours ago, Holclo said:

How can I restart P3D from where I hast left the programme? For example when I leave the programme at Airport xxxx and Gate xx  then on the next session P3D will load up at the same location.

Using “Previous Flight” as the Default start up doesnt seem to achieve this.

I don't see why loading Previous Flight would not work. Its just an auto save on sim exit. ?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

There was a tool back in the FSX days that made this possible... Ah, there we go, seems to be updated for P3D

Lorby-SI: Where are my Aircraft (WAMA).

Never used it though, can not say anything about it.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

11 hours ago, gboz said:

I don't see why loading Previous Flight would not work. Its just an auto save on sim exit. ?

gb.

Yes but when I then set Previous Flight to be the "Default Flight" P3D kept reloading that one particular save when I restarted P3D. Using the facility in FSUIPC has solved the issue for me. Now when I start P3D it reloads at the location I last left it. I bypass the need to select "Previous Flight" and wait for it to load.

On 3/6/2018 at 4:35 PM, gboz said:

gb.

You are correct that in P3D loading "Previous Flight" works fine if you use Scenario -> Exit on the P3D menu.  But if your previous flight or P3D sim session didn't end that way, then loading "Previous Flight" only takes you back to the starting position of the previous flight, not the last position of your airplane when it Crashed or the whole P3D sim crashed.

The FSUIPC feature is in the AutoSave/GPSout tab.

{tickmark} Check to enable AutoSave

Default Save Interval (secs) is: 60

Default How many to keep is: 10  so that you limit the number of autosaves stored otherwise it would become a huge number of different autosaves to choose from, and occupy unnecessary disk space!  But this combination means you can restart from 1 minute previous to crash, 2 minutes previous to crash etc. up to 10 minutes previous to crash.

{tickmark} Save whilst on ground? if you want to save while you are on the ground whether taxiing or parked.  I use that, in case I crash into something while taxiing!

To find the last saved autosaved files, in Scenario -> Load click on Date/Time in the list header to get the listing sorted from latest saved file on down chronologically.

Of course if you want to save at some particular point while you are flying the sim, you can still do that: in the P3D menu click Scenario -> Save and name the saved scenario so you can find and choose it when you do Scenario -> Load or or when you use Load on startup of P3D.