Sign in to follow this  

Dear Raveena, my TTS based copilot from India, I have to let you go...
You really brought another dimension to flight swimming… Fun and laughter!
I will surly miss your nagging… And you arguing with yourself. (via Pilot2ATC) Great fun!
And Sten the Mechanic who scared the word not allowed out of me when I accidentally ran him over!
Priceless! Well done! Yes I’m Swedish. I say no more…

But Raveena… Your suicidal tendencies are not good in a cockpit and I tend to spend more time correcting your odd actions than what is being saved by you work!
Go back to flight school! Learn not to do all those things that a real copilot never would do!

I hope that MCE for X plane in the future will have:
Options to make it a bit more scripted and fully scripted like FS2Crew.
Option to stop the copilot from listening (to herself) while she is talking. I can not use headphones and therefore get feedback.
A more detailed manual with all the tips found here and there on forums and on Youtube.

I guess that Zibo 737 is a moving target at the moment… But I hope that eventually it will get full support. It’s not working very well at the moment… Or at least I don’t know how to make it work properly.

Oh and…
Can I program the “disable microphone button” to a switch on my joystick?
Actually a PTT button might be the best solution. One for ATC and another one for the copilot.
How is the pushback meant to work in X Plane?

Maybe some of these thing can be fixed already… I should probably check the documentation and Youtube again…

Haze.

Sweden.

Hotas Warthog. MFG Crosswind. MSFS. DCS. IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles.

1 hour ago, Urshult Haze said:

Dear Raveena, my TTS based copilot from India, I have to let you go...
You really brought another dimension to flight swimming… Fun and laughter!
I will surly miss your nagging… And you arguing with yourself. (via Pilot2ATC) Great fun!
And Sten the Mechanic who scared the word not allowed out of me when I accidentally ran him over!
Priceless! Well done! Yes I’m Swedish. I say no more…

But Raveena… Your suicidal tendencies are not good in a cockpit and I tend to spend more time correcting your odd actions than what is being saved by you work!
Go back to flight school! Learn not to do all those things that a real copilot never would do!

I hope that MCE for X plane in the future will have:
Options to make it a bit more scripted and fully scripted like FS2Crew.
Option to stop the copilot from listening (to herself) while she is talking. I can not use headphones and therefore get feedback.
A more detailed manual with all the tips found here and there on forums and on Youtube.

I guess that Zibo 737 is a moving target at the moment… But I hope that eventually it will get full support. It’s not working very well at the moment… Or at least I don’t know how to make it work properly.

Oh and…
Can I program the “disable microphone button” to a switch on my joystick?
Actually a PTT button might be the best solution. One for ATC and another one for the copilot.
How is the pushback meant to work in X Plane?

Maybe some of these thing can be fixed already… I should probably check the documentation and Youtube again…

Since you aren't a registered user, I assume you are referring to the very latest Demo available here

Your input is welcome.

Zibo 737 definitely supported. as are 21 complex aircraft so far, latest being FF A350.

I am guessing, either you tried a version a while back that didn't support Zibo, or you have incorrect installation, possibly causing MCE (which runs externally to the sim for better stability of the latter) not to get data from the sim as expected.

When Windows UAC is enabled, you MUST install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew X-Plane\ folder and set "X-Plane.exe" to run as administrator.

There are safeguards against accidental switching. See for yourself by speaking these

shutdown engine one

irs one off

gear up (on ground)

full flaps (when airborne), or even the first notch.

gear down at higher than VLO

autopilot off, auto-throttle off, FS off (when airborne)

Fo is well trained and won't handle something critical before requesting confirmation.

You may not know this, but we started voice recognition for FS a full 5 years before Fs2crew got into it. And ours is built from scratch for voice control, not replaced (adapted) joystick triggers (button control) with robotic voice commands (exact same sentences).

Fo is trained to handle as many switches as possible via direct or scripted commands (multiple ways to ask for the same thing), then it's up to you how you want to use him. You can customize SOPs and checklist for any airline, and our co-pilot constantly knows the flight phase (assuming data flows freely between the sim and MCE) rather than being told via a panel click that you are about to takeoff so he can accept "gear up".

It's fully interactive, and you can engage the FO in any order.

We'll never go that "scripted" route, because it's not our idea of an effective crew simulation.

Yes, you may kid yourself that you are a captain after rehearsing and repeating the exact scripted actions a few times, but in real life, things don't happen in sequence. ATC will interrupt your checklist reading session, FO won't always do what you asked him to, runway might change, which means settings a different flaps configuration etc...

Yes, due to the built-in flexibility, sleek audio isn't our forte.

As for the PTT to enable and suspend reco, in theory it's appealing, and we did consider it especially in early days when mainstream CPUs were single core. But after trying it years ago, we decided against it. You'd have to be self conscious and remember not to speak immediately after pressing PTT, as the speech engine gets activated (it could take anywhere from half a second to two full seconds). It's bad enough with ATC, people starting transmission before MCE has disabled FO related commands and enabled commands for ATC interaction, and wondering why their ATC message didn't go through and they have to try again.

The simple solution is to have a microphone with built-in hardware mute button.

Have I missed a registration somehow?
I bought the program 13 november. And run the latest version.

Am I suppose to use the B737NGX MCE FLOW for Zibo 737?
About half the commands are not done or checked.
Will not start the engines, set autobrake, yawdamper for example and is definitely turning of the autopilot and/or the flight director at the most inappropriate moment!

Wonder why it´s not working well at all for me?
I have not installed in default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew X-Plane\ folder.
But I'm always logged in as admin.

MCE is so much smarter, natural and more fun than FS2Crew
A scripted solution is the last resort...
But that´s where I am I'm afraid.
Better than nothing!
But I will try a full reinstall!

Haze.

Sweden.

Hello.

Do FS2Crew actually support any aircraft in X Plane?  News to me if they do. Their official line was something like, we follow PMDG and since they don't use X Plane then neither do we.....a loose translation from 2017? I have been away flying military for a while so I may have missed something?

If you re install, I would recommend you allow MCE to install in the C Program files(86), just my two penneth. 

Good luck, we have the most mature co pilots in MCE, especially if they are fully typed on the aircraft!

Regards.

1 hour ago, Urshult Haze said:

Have I missed a registration somehow?
I bought the program 13 november. And run the latest version.

Am I suppose to use the B737NGX MCE FLOW for Zibo 737?
About half the commands are not done or checked.
Will not start the engines, set autobrake, yawdamper for example and is definitely turning of the autopilot and/or the flight director at the most inappropriate moment!

Wonder why it´s not working well at all for me?
I have not installed in default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew X-Plane\ folder.
But I'm always logged in as admin.

MCE is so much smarter, natural and more fun than FS2Crew
A scripted solution is the last resort...
But that´s where I am I'm afraid.
Better than nothing!
But I will try a full reinstall!

Please ignore what I said regarding registration. I just looked up "Haze" and "Urshult" and found nothing. You may be registered with a different name.

It's OK, no need to post your full name on this forum.

Indeed, when Windows UAC is enabled (it is by default) and we don't recommend disabling it, you MUST install MCE to default C:\z\Program Files (x86)\

Also set "X-Plane.exe" to run as administrator.

Only then, will you be sure, Windows will let data flow between "mce.exe" and "X-Plane.exe" without hindrance.

MCE gets changing data every 2 seconds or so from the sim. Things like heading, speed, altitude, whether aircraft is on ground or airborne.

Switching FD off on ground doesn't require confirmation. But when airborne it does prompt, because you could be on a CAT II approach..

That's why it's important MCE is able to read the simulator state correctly.

Will double-check Zibo support. Unless they changed things dramatically over the last 2 months, it is expected to be fully supported.

And yes, since it's a 737 NG, it uses same flows as PMDG 737. Which you can customize of course.

Restore MCE to factory settings

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew X-Plane->Restore factory settings.

You'll have to go through the wizard again. No need for speech training though.

After running the wizard, when loading MCE with Zibo, are you seeing pre-made flows for that aircraft?

Reinstalled MCE in default dir
Meanwhile Raveena who should have gone to flight school instead went to the pub... OD'd on something and passed out right before take-off in Geneva. For the rest of the flight to Nice she ignored all commands but kept on nagging and making weird statements every now and again... towards the end a lot about localizer and glideslope being captured... on and on and on again... long before it was captured!?
Fully configured on final approach she woke up again disconnected the autopilot, sat speed to 101 and flaps 1.

One of the most enjoyable flights ever... Nice sunset over the ortho4XP covered alps... and this crazy woman from India... Great fun!

How I wish I had recorded it... pretty unbelievable... But I swear it's true!

I give it a rest for a while...

David Herky: No FS2Crew for XP. I use it in P3D.

Haze.

Sweden.

9 hours ago, Urshult Haze said:

Reinstalled MCE in default dir
Meanwhile Raveena who should have gone to flight school instead went to the pub... OD'd on something and passed out right before take-off in Geneva. For the rest of the flight to Nice she ignored all commands but kept on nagging and making weird statements every now and again... towards the end a lot about localizer and glideslope being captured... on and on and on again... long before it was captured!?
Fully configured on final approach she woke up again disconnected the autopilot, sat speed to 101 and flaps 1.

One of the most enjoyable flights ever... Nice sunset over the ortho4XP covered alps... and this crazy woman from India... Great fun!

How I wish I had recorded it... pretty unbelievable... But I swear it's true!

I give it a rest for a while...

David Herky: No FS2Crew for XP. I use it in P3D.

Not sure why you had to hire THAT woman.:tongue:

Be aware, some low quality TTS voices can struggle to output their voices if starved of CPU time, especially if yhou push the sim to its limits, with little CPU left for speech engine and TTS processing. 

Try with one of the 10 recorded human voices we provide. 3 come with the Demo and 7 are freely downloadable from here

Also, if you enabled "Nagging" in "Advanced panel" options, you may want to turn it off.

The only time where you would need those TTS voices is say to assign them to a purser so you can have endless scripted virtual conversations to pass time.

See this video

[media]

[/media]

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:17 PM, Urshult Haze said:

What is the latest Zibo mod state. I checked with the one I had from some months ago and somehow the bleed pressure is at zero no matter whether you open apu bleed or not.

Engine starts with pressure at zero. :laugh: (X-Plane world)

MCE FO doesn't start it because he complains there is no bleed pressure, which is normal behaviour.