Sign in to follow this  
AirShow

How do I create a livery for the CLS DC-10 HD?

Hello,

I have never created my own livery before, but would like to give it a try. Was impressed by the quality of the graphics for the DC-10 HD, and I would therefore like to create some custom ones as well.

Has anyone does this before? Can you please point me towards a good tutorial?

Can a texture for the DC-10-10, also be used for the DC-10-30? I found a texture-only download off the avsim library, but am not sure how to apply it to the livery itself. Thanks!

Even though I don't have the CLS DC-10 I tried a texture download for it.  Just follow the install info in the README file. It was an Air-Afrique-TU-TAM texture for FSX.

Installation:
Copy "texture.AIR-AFRIQUE-TU-TAM" folder to your FSX/SimObjects/Airplane/ CLS_DX_DC10-30 folder.
Then paste the content of "installerinfo.txt" to your aircraft.cfg.
Substitute the "XX" with the number following the already existing.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, AirShow said:

Hello,

I have never created my own livery before, but would like to give it a try. Was impressed by the quality of the graphics for the DC-10 HD, and I would therefore like to create some custom ones as well.

Has anyone does this before? Can you please point me towards a good tutorial?

Can a texture for the DC-10-10, also be used for the DC-10-30? I found a texture-only download off the avsim library, but am not sure how to apply it to the livery itself. Thanks!

The then-painter for CLS created a very good video nearly 10 years ago showing a brief intro to creating repaints. It's what got me started with painting, and despite its age the tools and methods are still the same. 

Edited by hamoody
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KrisJ said:

DC-10-10 textures will fit perfectly to -30.

SWEET

1 hour ago, hamoody said:

The then-painter for CLS created a very good video nearly 10 years ago showing a brief intro to creating repaints. It's what got me started with painting, and despite its age the tools and methods are still the same. 

Perfect, this is exactly what I needed, thank you.