Sign in to follow this  
leci

Can't install Reality XP

March 19, 2018 I bought - RealityXP Garmin GTN 750 (from FltSim.com). My G Data firewall is disconnected and the internet connection is confirmed.Still I do not get any connection to Garmin to download the trainers. Garmin returns the failure code 1603.

Can anybody help me to get it installed?

Regards Leci

Could be useful to say where you are located in case that is an influence.  And here are links to the error 1603 issue at a reputable sites based on a quick Google search:  Hope one helps.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-1603-install-cs3-cs4.html

https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/error-1603-while-installing-software-software-delivery

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/834484/you-receive-an-error-1603-a-fatal-error-occurred-during-installation-e

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I am staying in California with a German Windows 7 system. I don't use Acrobat Reader.

Regards Leci

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, I7-3770K 3.4Ghz, 16GB DDR3 2300, Asus Strix GTX970 4Gb, 2 x SSD 1Tb, 1 x HDD 2Tb, Windows 7, Simulator P3D v4.2

Hello, i had the GTN750 from Reality installed on my pc and it worked fine till i had to reinstall p3d to upgrade to v4.2. Now it does not work. i get a blac screen that does not start. i tried to uninstall using the installer (by not selecting any sim) and reinstalled it again. nothing.

can you help me?

thanks!

On March 22, 2018 at 2:59 PM, leci said:

I bought - RealityXP Garmin GTN 750 (from FltSim.com)

@leci Hi, The genuine Reality XP GTN Touch is found only on the Reality XP online store. You've either purchased a fake, or you're not remember the correct website!

The product name that would appear in your receipt is "RealityXP Garmin GTN 750 (FltSim)" though (FltSim here as opposed to XPlane, our other version of this product).

Now back to the download, can you confirm you're trying to install the GTN Trainer to a custom folder instead of the default? If that is the case, please review the above link to the adobe website, solution #3:

Note: Double-byte or high ASCII characters are any character that requires more than 1 byte to describe. Most glyph-based languages use double-byte characters to display the language, such as Japanese.

Some German characters also are 'multi-byte'.

@Javier Iturralde 

On March 23, 2018 at 1:04 PM, Javier Iturralde said:

i tried to uninstall using the installer (by not selecting any sim) and reinstalled it again. nothing.

Why not selecting any sim? Have you changed computer? What do the rxp log file say? (see User's Manual for file/path).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)