Sign in to follow this  
Gavin L Foster

LITE eye point in wrong place

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Carenado website (1.1) but still have the eye point in the wrong place (or alternatively, the cockpit too far forward).

I'm a but confounded why others haven't got a similar issue. ???

I don't have any camera add-ons.

For now I will have to use the FPS heavy version.

Desktop_Screenshot_2018_03_24_15_01_37_8

This is what I have in both aircraft.cfg files:

[Views] // completed
eyepoint = 24.2, -1.5, -1.7  //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

Also, you can move, using ctrl-enter and -backspace..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Thanks, that's what I have too... but all of the views seem out by the same amount. Like the cockpit has been knocked forwards.

I will have to try another uninstall and ensure I manually delete the folders. I noticed last time they hadn't actually been deleted.

In the end if I want to use the LITE versions I have to fix it manually by holding down CTRL Backspace for roughly the same amount of time in every view, every time I fly.

It seems to be some kind of eye-point position override that is stored outside of the Airplanes/F50... and Carenado/F50 folders because deleting those and reinstalling didn't help.

Fortunately the FPS is OK in the non-lite versions once I am off the ground.

Hi

I also had this and changed the following in the aircraft config file:

Original

[Views] // completed
eyepoint = 24.2, -1.5, -1.7  //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

change to

[Views] // completed
eyepoint = 26.9, -1.5, -1.7  //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

I recommend you make a copy of the original aircraft file as a safe guard.

Please note I have no idea why this is required as the full version was fine after the update and both were fine pre update.

Hope this helps

Bob

• Like 1

Just another data point.

I have had the problem with the LITE eye point in p3d v3.

I uninstalled, upgraded to p3d v4 and reinstalled the F50.

The eye point problem still exists. It must only occur on some systems, otherwise more people would have posted. I will try the above modification.

I also must be really cursed as I only have a 500 callout, nothing closer to the ground.

Caught me out as well. I was sitting in the backseat of which it doesn't have. Good to know it wasn't just mine that was wonky. Although I hate others have had the issue. Thanks for the eyepoint data. Although I guess you could just copy the non lite version. Theoretically they should be the same. Mine was P3D version 4. In fsx it was fine.

Edited by Merlin59

4 hours ago, Merlin59 said:

Caught me out as well. I was sitting in the backseat of which it doesn't have. Good to know it wasn't just mine that was wonky. Although I hate others have had the issue. Thanks for the eyepoint data. Although I guess you could just copy the non lite version. Theoretically they should be the same. Mine was P3D version 4. In fsx it was fine.

The confusing thing is that for some users, the LITE and FULL versions are actually different in this respect.. In my case (P3DV4.3) I do not see this problem at all..

Bert

I don't get it either. I checked the numbers are the same for both lite and non lite. So why aren't they in the same place? Makes no sense. Something must be overriding it. In fsx I didn't see it either. I just made the move to P3D version 4 and there it is. Go figure! At least my frames don't suffer too much with the non lite.if anyone finds the reason or a fix, please share.

1 hour ago, Merlin59 said:

I don't get it either. I checked the numbers are the same for both lite and non lite. So why aren't they in the same place? Makes no sense. Something must be overriding it. In fsx I didn't see it either. I just made the move to P3D version 4 and there it is. Go figure! At least my frames don't suffer too much with the non lite.if anyone finds the reason or a fix, please share.

The fix is above:

eyepoint = 26.9, -1.5, -1.7  for the LITE model.

Bert

5 hours ago, Merlin59 said:

I don't get it either. I checked the numbers are the same for both lite and non lite. So why aren't they in the same place?

The problem is that the internal model is in the wrong location and of a slightly different size than the external model.

Rather frustrating because changing the viewpoint doesn't really fix it.

Since it's a mdl error I don't understand why Bert doesn't experience it in v4.3. I'm running 4.3 and I did have this problem is well.  

I'd guess that most people don't notice it because they are buying Carenado planes at least for the eye candy, hence they aren't using the lite models.

Edited by J35OE

Is it possible that the GTN model is OK, and the regular model not??

I use the GTN model.

Bert

This might be the case. I didn't even notice that there's a separate GTN model. 

Well I'll take the fix either way. Thanks Bert, I didn't see the post above with the fix. What perplexes me is that I'm in P3D v.4.3 as well and I see it and some don't. Oh well fixed is fixed but I do wish Carenado would be more careful.