Pete Dowson

Is "Direct To" requesting missing?

One of the pilot requests I don't see if "Direct To" ("request direct to <waypoint>"). I see it CAN be done on the fly by editing the plan on screen. But that's no good if I'm inside the cockpit trying to fly the 'plane!

"Direct to" is useful when there's a short cut available, avoiding a planned deviation from the more direct course, and this can be very useful when things are running later (e.g. meal time looms :biggrin:) or fuel is running low, for some reason (bad planning or serious weather effects or problems in the aircraft).

Actually, that also leads me to ask where decalring an emergency is? Or is that a planned future enhancement? I think it is such in ProATC/X, though they do have direct to facilities (but by menu button or key selection of course).

Pete

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There is a Direct To verbal request.  In SayIt, it is a Request available when on Tower, Departure, Approach or Center Frequencies.

Emergencies and Holding are both on the future enhancements list.

Dave

5 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

There is a Direct To verbal request.  In SayIt, it is a Request available when on Tower, Departure, Approach or Center Frequencies.

Ah, good. Is it a recent addition, as it doesn't appear in that neat crib sheet PDF available in another thread somewhere below?

Understand about emergencies.

Pete

No Direct To has been around a while.  I suspect the user who created the crib sheet was focused on the most common phrase.

Using the SayIt screen or the Grmr Helper screen is the best way to see most of the phrases. 

Dave