Sign in to follow this  
aussibob1

Update GTN 750/650

Purchased the GTN750 and 650 some time back and have just successfully installed v2.4.9.  The GTN750 works perfectly as pop-up in default C172. However I am not able to update to the latest version 2.4.15. I have tried to update (a) through the Plug-in drop down in XP11.11 and (b) directly through the installer. Both methods failed with two pop-up boxes appearing.

Box 1 Software Updates shows:

File.             rxpGTN-XPL.zip (1 of 1)

Status:       Connecting to ((followed by 7 chinese? characters))

Box 2 Software Updates shows:

Error sending request

A connection with the server could not be established.

The PC running XP11 and GTN750 is able to connect to the internet, TLS1.1 and 1.2 are set in Internet Options, No firewall or Anti-virus was running during update attempts.

Would appreciate assistance with this issue.

Greetings from Melbourne, Australia

Bob

Hi Bob,

This is peculiar and error, we will investigate. In the meantime, you can always reinstall the software in downloading the full installers directly from our web site, then follow:

How do I reinstall my software
https://reality-xp.com/store/faq.html

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean-Luc

Thank you for the quick reply. Have downloaded new key for GTN750 ok. Following the instructions I went to RXP website store and clicked Checkout for the 750.  Google Chrome returned an error:

files.100megabyte.com refused to connect      (ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED).

This is really strange because I am not running a firewall or antivirus when trying to connect. Tried Internet Explorer with the same result. Ran a trojan detection program to check my system and it reported that the system is clean.

Clearly, the issue does NOT seem to be Reality-XP related but something (probably in my system) that is stopping the connection .  A Google search suggests a number of things to try to fix the ERR-CONNECTION_REFUSED problem - so that is what I am going to do next.

Again, thanks for your help and support.  If I find an answer I'll come back with the info to close out this thread

Bob