Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

Slowing of initial p3d loading

Hi,

Just wondered if win10 slows down p3dv4.2 initial loading and if there is a way to speed it back up.

I recently upgraded from win7 pro to win10pro which was a clean install of windows 10 and also a clean install of p3d

I then reinstalled all my addons so now i have a more or less identical setup to the windows 7 pro setup pre upgrade.

But i find now that the initial loading seems to take much longer to get to the selection screen with windows 10

Is there anything that i can disable that might be the cause of this slowdown. My gut instinct is that its either windows 10 processes or win 10 security features causing the issues,but i don't know enough on win10 as to what or where to look

Thanks

Pete Little

An over aggressive AV might contribute to this. Windows Defender is on by default. If you installed another AV without turning off Defender.....

I have FS on a SSD. Makes a big difference. 

In general, W10 is much leaner than previous versions. But it does take a bit of getting used to.

You might check with p3dv4.2 for any ideas.

Good luck.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

On 31 March 2018 at 2:00 PM, mazelda said:

Is there anything that i can disable that might be the cause of this slowdown.

It might help if you gave us more information about your system (CPU and clock speed, RAM, GPU, motherboard, SSDs or HDDs, screen resolution) and any add-ons you use with P3D.

Did you test P3D before you installed any add-ons?

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

hi,

for info I'm running p3d from an ssd , the only difference is windows 10 is now installed instead of windows 7 otherwise  everything else is identical 

P3d installed to exactly same drive. All addons are same as before mobo and processor same as before oc same 

there is nothing different from how I was running in windows 7. just the initial load screen now takes longer 

cheers

Pete Little