Sign in to follow this  
slait

The best all-around fighter jet?

I'm not a big flyer of military aircraft, but if I were to choose just one for all around quality (i.e. sound, model, panel, vc, etc.) which one would you suggest? Interested to hear your feedback.Thanks!

- Aaron

I have the tornado from Iris Simulations, the Eurofighter from Alphasim, and the Hunter that's freeware here on avsim. They're all great!

If it's realism you want, Cloud9's F104, which will have an update after the release of what promises to be,their very high quality Phantom F4.Russell.

If you just wanna have fun and realism is not all that important, you could do this: Get the Iris Mig29. Then if you happen to be the lucky owner of Reality XP's Sandell SN3308, replace the GPS window in the VC with it (bye bye realism). What do you get?1. A high performance fighter that flies very well2. Navigation tools, with GPS Flightplan display (I also swapped the default Garmin with an RXP530) and EHSI with everything you need3. Fast VC gauges an even a simple but readable and fast HUD. The VC is build in such a way that the Reality XP stuff runs totally smooth.Have a look at the VC:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/151141.jpgEagle

Guest JIMJAM

I own most of em and for that quick turn and burn fix, the Alphasim Raptor is a good one. Easy on the frames,mean lookin and gobs of power.For something more realistic and sure to keep you busy for a while, the Cloud-9 F-104 is incredible. Probably one of the most difficult planes to master with it realism settings set high,but also one of the most rewarding.

Guest Mesa

I think if you were to choose just one I would recommend Kirk Olsson's F-86 and then get the excellent panel mod by Luis da Costa Pereira & Fabio Bonoldi. Both free and amazing.As for payware I would recommend Cloud 9's Frecce Tricolori which is a little easier to master than their F104 as it offers a basic and an advanced version.

Guest jboweruk

Sky Unlimited P38 for all round quality, especially the 'Glacier Girl' version.edit: oops, sorry jet, erm, okay my favourite here so far has to be my Frecce Tricolori model, but there are some others in the pipeline as and when.

Some very good suggestions. Thanks for the help.

- Aaron