Pete Dowson

Plan not being loaded into P3D4.

I've checked the option for the cleared plan to be sent to the P3D4 Documents folder, which works. I've also checked the option for it to be loaded into P3D, because then Active Sky will give me planned weather along the route and a file I can display in my cockpit. 

However, P2A doesn't seem to be loading the plan into P3D.

Is it using FSUIPC for this? If so I'll log the entries it is making into the offset to get the plan loaded. But I won't waste my time if this is not being done yet. I'll have to get it loaded myself.

Thanks,
Pete

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Pete,

Loading of the Flight Plan is currently done via SimConnect, so it might not work over the network the way it is currently set up.

If you have advice on how I could do it via FSUIPC so it will work with WideFS, I'd be happy to try to get it to work.

Thanks,

Dave

34 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Loading of the Flight Plan is currently done via SimConnect, so it might not work over the network the way it is currently set up.

It should do, unless you have a SimConnect.cfg I have set up for other SimConnect users. There are a few operating okay on the same PC, the more usual two being

FS-FlightControl
JAB_FPSx

I've just searched that PC for other SimConnect.cfg's. There's one for JAB_FPSx in its folder, and an identical one my my documents folder -- that will be the one used by default and therefore by FS-FlightControl and Pilot2ATC.

So, yes, SimConnect is running fine frmo there.

36 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If you have advice on how I could do it via FSUIPC so it will work with WideFS, I'd be happy to try to get it to work.

It should be fine via SimConnect, as all FSUIPC would do is call exactly the same function that you can call more directly.

Are you using SimConnect a lot? I wasn't sure whether you were or only using FSUIPC. Is there a way for me to ascertain you have a good SimConnect-ion? Like in a log or similar?

If you want to try FSUIPC for any reason then it is simply done by writing to this offset:

256 bytes
The current flight Plan path & file name (in UNC format if
WideFS is in use).

This isn't made terribly clear in the Offset list, I must admit. It is just implied by an "OK" in the column related to writes (the right-most column -- the one before it relates to reads).

If you write to that offset FSUIPC simply sends the Load Plan call to SimConnect.

Pete

16 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Is there a way for me to ascertain you have a good SimConnect-ion? Like in a log or similar?

There should be an error in the P2A log file if it didn't make the connection.  Otherwise there would be no indication.  Log files are located in:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

A new one is created each time you start P2A, so the most recent one should have any errors related to this in it.

I actually use FSUIPC for everything except this, so changing from SimConnect to FSUIPC would make sense.  I'll play with it a bit over the next couple of days and see what happens.

Thanks,

Dave