Sign in to follow this  
glassman2005

Payware Garmin G1000

any screenshots of this being placed in a virtual cockpit? a gauge-cockpit is less than ideal given that you can get the official garmin flat screen simulator for 4$ (and twice that in shipping....)

Not at this time:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The "official" Garmin simulator does not simulate flight dynamics, radio communications, weather, or viewing the PFD and MFD at the same time. Nor does it work at anything less than full screen at 1280x1024, and if you have a dual-processor or Hyper-Threading computer, it likely will only work for about 5 minutes at a time before systems start to fail. These are just a few of the reasons Mindstar built this G1000 specifically for MSFS, so that pilots would have a chance to actually "fly" the G1000, not just flip through the menus.If you have any specific questions about the G1000, please write us at the address listed on our website: www.MindstarAviation.comg1000sim@yahoo.com

>...you can get the official garmin flat screen simulator for 4$ (and twice that in shipping....)>>Does the "official garmin flat screen simulator" do the following?1. Integrate with MSFS... NO2. Allow viewing both the PFD and MFD at the same time... NO3. Allow resizing the window to fit on widescreen monitors... NO4. Work with multiple joystick configurations... NO5. Offer any support when you call them about these problems... NOI got the Garmin G1000 trainer to familiarize myself with a DA40 I flew recently and found the program useless on both my computers, couldn't see the lower row of the display on my laptop since it doesn't support widescreen monitors. On my home computer I have all three CH Products (yoke/pedals/quadrant) installed for simming, the program insists on using input from the pedals only and spins out of control anytime I try to use it... making it useless for training purposes. Their support is also not interested or able to make any changes to the programming and merely apologize that it wasn't useful for my systems.The Mindstar on the other hand has been very useful to follow along with Sporty's G1000 training DVD and gives a very true to life representation of what using this panel system in the real aircraft is like. As for it presently only being in the Cessna 182, that is what almost all Cessna 182's since 2004 have been sold with!ZaneAVSIM staff reviewer

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>>The "official" Garmin simulator does not simulate flight>dynamics, radio communications, weather, or viewing the PFD>and MFD at the same time. Nor does it work at anything less>than full screen at 1280x1024, and if you have a>dual-processor or Hyper-Threading computer, it likely will>only work for about 5 minutes at a time before systems start>to fail. These are just a few of the reasons Mindstar built>this G1000 specifically for MSFS, so that pilots would have a>chance to actually "fly" the G1000, not just flip through the>menus.>>If you have any specific questions about the G1000, please>write us at the address listed on our website:>www.MindstarAviation.com>>g1000sim@yahoo.com>doesn't have to. it simulates the unit. i run 1600x and have for the past 6 years.runs very well on mine, UNLIKE MSFS tyvm. i fly the real g1000 3 times a week or so. i just need the garmin sim so i know my way. which is why i am asking about the flight sim version in the VC. hence i've no interest in it's 2D version. this is not a question of hardcore functionality, but usability. there are many good gauges out there that are utterly useless in a 3d environment, and face it, that's becoming standard. i've looked at a .bmp since fs 4.0 (well then it was a wireframe) so excuse me if i am not excited about the same in 2007.

No problem, you will see it in VC when scheduling permits:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>which is why i am asking about the flight sim version in the>VC. hence i've no interest in it's 2D version. Just for sake of clarity, the current lack of a VC is not a gauge issue, nor is it a panel.cfg issue.The VC is part of the "physical model," and must be built specificially for the gauges being used. :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator