Sign in to follow this  
JohnsonPBX

Engine throttles unresponsive

Good afternoon / evening folks,

This morning I experienced something strange on my 747. First let me note that a few minutes prior to the incident I had run the Operations Center and updated the tool, and also the plane itself through said program. Both updates appeared as a prompt / alert on OC. Don't know if that could have caused an issue as I have never had this before.

After updating, I was trying to run a very short flight (load the short stop panel state while parked at a gate, run a preflight, power the plane and perform a traffic pattern). However, after starting the engines as per checklists, they were completely unresponsive. I could see the white "dash" (?) (or I could call it the target thrust indicator?) on the EICAS engine N1 indicator move up and down and also the thrust levers did move physically, but thrust would remain at idle. Tried both with the hardware (Saitek Pro Flight Yoke + 1 Throttle Quadrant) and also with the keyboard (F2/F3) but no thrust change or spool up sound at all.

Did I do something wrong or maybe did the update corrupt something? I have to admit though that I did not restart the simulator and try again because I was about to leave for work, will try once I get back home. I also tried searching on forums to avoid a double post but didn't find this same scenario, so even if it ends up being a silly mistake by myself or a possible bug, it could help anyone who might experience this in the future.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Edited by JohnsonPBX

8 hours ago, JohnsonPBX said:

This morning I experienced something strange on my 747.

Hello Jhon.

I'm having a feeling that  you gonna be fine after restarting the Sim since the Airplane related files were loaded ( partly ) but somehow an upgrade caused them to change . So please Let us know what happens when you try it next.

Cheers

-S.

Hello Saman,

Indeed. Today I ran the simulator again and the engines responded as expected. After doing some research I also read that once an update is installed, PMDG-created panel states can become corrupt, which means that it'd be best to load the plane with the default one, manually configure it to match the desired state, save it and continue using that one. Since the update, I've seen two yellow messages on the EICAS that would remain there and even though I am aware they can be cleared, they shouldn't appear all of a sudden; these are  >BODY GEAR STRG  and  FUEL RES XFR 4 .

These were reported on another topic and one of the work-arounds was to create a new panel state, which I will do once I get back home.

Regards,

Good afternoon gents,

Unfortunately I've had the same issue just happen again. This time it happened with a panel state that I created starting from the default, totally powered plane (a replica of the Short one).No strange EICAS warnings, did the start process normally but when I was going to taxi, engines stuck at idle. I recorded a video but as it's heavy (almost 1 GB) I'll upload it once I get back from work. Guess I'll have to submit a ticket then?

Kind regards,

8 minutes ago, JohnsonPBX said:

Guess I'll have to submit a ticket then?

Using FSUIPC, or a camera add-on, perhaps?

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Kyle,

Yes, I do use FSUIPC to calibrate some axes (including throttle ones), no camera add-ons at all. Could FSUIPC be causing the issue?

Only one way to find out. Move FSUIPC.ini to a temporary location, like your desktop or something, then run the simulator and see if you still have issues.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

8 hours ago, JohnsonPBX said:

Could FSUIPC be causing the issue?

To be honest, if there's an issue of controllability, ever, this is usually the culprit. If you're using it as an interface between your hardware and the sim, it is logical that any odd issues would be found here.

If you plug an extension cord in between the wall and something that uses power and it doesn't work, it is logical to remove the extension cord from the equation first before assuming your device is defective.

Kyle Rodgers