Sign in to follow this  
dewey509

Planes not showing up when added

I have been away from FSX for a few years, so I may not have done this properly. I tried to install a Cessna 182 from Flyaway last night but the plane did not appear in the aircraft selection menu. The accompanying instructions said to use the Extract to: function and navigate to the Sim Objects/Airplanes folder as the target. Having done that I found that the addon's name appeared beneath every repainted version of the stock Cessna 172 in the menu, though the proper thumbnails remained in the menu. When I selected one of those it produced random parts of the plane at their proper places, but without the remaining parts to create the complete image. I tried adding a different plane with the same results.

Does that indicate my zip client may not be extracting files properly, or is their a more likely issue? Where do I go from here to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks for assisting. It's good to be home!

Lance509

I would first extract the file to a temp folder on your desktop, then look at the folder and make sure it has the same structure and names as your other planes. Sounds like a subfolder is not being read or something? If all the folders are their, Model, panel, sound, textures, etc., and their content is there, then you can just drop the C182 aircraft folder into the simobjects/Airplane folder?

Cheers

Martin

Edited by MartinRex007
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lance509 said:

I tried to install a Cessna 182 from Flyaway last night but the plane did not appear in the aircraft selection menu.

Are you saying that when you open FSX and look to choose your aircraft, it does not appear? If that is your issue, make sure that in the FSX menu where you see your aircraft type, check the box next to  "Show All Variants".

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Marton said:

Are you saying that when you open FSX and look to choose your aircraft, it does not appear? If that is your issue, make sure that in the FSX menu where you see your aircraft type, check the box next to  "Show All Variants".

I will certainly check that out, Bob. Thanks.

Lance509

Welcome back, or aboard!:biggrin:  If you can, how about a link to your download?  I will assume it is this one?? https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/4661/fsx-cessna-182-skylane/get/

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

30 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

I would first extract the file to a temp folder on your desktop, then look at the folder and make sure it has the same structure and names as your other planes. Sounds like a subfolder is not being read or something? If all the folders are their, Model, panel, sound, textures, etc., and their content is there, then you can just drop the C182 aircraft folder into the simobjects/Airplane folder?

Cheers

Martin

Martin, thanks for the quick response. I will give that a try.

Lance509

From what I saw of that download it should be a simple matter of dropping the FSX Cessna 182 folder into SimObjects/Airplanes folder and making sure you have the following things checked in your Aircraft Selection Page.

select page.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: