Sign in to follow this  
Mindframe85

Headset recommendation

I havent seen that issue with my Arctic Steel series USB wired headset.  I have the headset for about 2.5 years. One thing to note is the cable for this specific headset is especially long, so this means the majority of the cable is laid on my desk and routed towards the back of the desk and physically does not move apart from the first 3-4ft which is connected directly to the headset.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Just to add to the headset discussion I originally had a cheap wired gaming headset bought from Amazon. Very comfortable, good sound and clear microphone. No fancy RGB or anything, it just works. However, I wanted wireless as it's so much more convenient e.g. if if flying long haul and want to do housework or whatever while in cruise.

I then bought the Corsair Void Elite wireless. Still reasonably comfortable and decent sound, but the battery life is not great and the iCue software that runs it is a serious example of bloatwear. Microphone was good quality but way too quiet and cannot be boosted enough without a 3rd party app. The mic does have a handy automatic mute when you raise the microphone boom to vertical. The lack of battery became a real chore - wouldn't even last a full day, it has been demoted to the media pc as the 7.1 sound quality is good enough.

Current headset is a Razer Blackshark V2. Not as comfortable as the Corsair - feels quite heavy and the mic is incredibly quiet without a lot of boosting in the Synapse software. Razer Synapse is also massively bloated but it controls my mouse and keyboard so I put up with it.

If I could live without wireless then a cheap USB gaming headset is probably the way to go IMO. I read good reviews of the Logitech wireless headsets, may try one of them next.....