Sign in to follow this  
simon747

ILS Landings

I must say this plane is very nice to hand fly and I can pretty much land flying a joystick; which is rare for me lol....I cannot seem to get any indicators on the HSI for ILS tracking despite the nav1 and nav 2 tunes in (I can see it tuned as DME work etc, just never any movement on the localiser or glide slope needles)...there are no glide slope indicators or localiser things that move?  Cannot find a tutorial; would love to try an ILS landing, but only hand flying landings...Any one have any idea?

Simon

Hi, tested and ILS is working fine both with or without GTN. You have to ensure that you choose the corresponding nav1 source with the select button on the DCP and put your EFIS into Rose mode (on DCP too). If you have the GTN active ensure that it is in VLOC mode.

Cheers T.

Thanks for the help.  Cheers....New to the gtn; how do you put it in Vloc mode?  Is that on the unit itself or something on the main panel?  Have you had any success with appr hold?  Thanks again for your help!  Simon 

Simon

CDI soft button at the bottom center of the GTN screen.

You should have VLOC in green in the status bar below, instead of GPS in magenta

Edited by Olivier_Moens

Many many many thanks 😊 Will give that a try; is the appr hold ok with the Saab?  so far she is pretty stable hand flying with my rather sobering old school  joystick! 

Simon

Thanks Oliver and Torsen; you saved me!  It works now...

Simon

Hi,

Last week, I downloaded/installed S340!

So, I did a few ILS APPs with the correct ILS FREQs, but there was no LOC or GS on the aircraft?

The WX test mode didn’t work?

Do I need to reinstall, etc...?

A/V off, Win. Defender off and Firewall off.

Win.10 64

Thanks you.

FMC

Hello. I've searched the pdf's, but only one reference to ILS and that is in changing the know from GPS to NAV1.

Once I was able to perform an ILS landing with the GTN750 installed, but with the standard GPS (although it does have VNAV) I cannot get ILS to work.

Could someone please describe the procedure for ILS landing the Carenado S340 / SF34 using the default GPS?

What I assume so far is:

1 - Set the ILS frequency in NAV1.

2 - Turn nav selector to use NAV1

3 - Put EFIS in Rose mode.

But then what (is that all that is to it)?

Hi, also struggling to get ILS working on the Saab 340. Please could someone explain what this means?
You have to ensure that you choose the corresponding nav1 source with the select button on the DCP and put your EFIS into Rose mode (on DCP too).”

Perhaps a screenshot showing where those buttons are.