Sign in to follow this  
godimaginedme

747 Tutorial Videos

46 minutes ago, godimaginedme said:

No worries, here's what you do:

Ensure your speaker is on
Press the Black tab (Test/Reset Button) on the Oxygen mask and ensure it stays down
Press the Oxygen mask's Red tab by the oxygen hose on the mask (it looks like small red circle, and you should see the Oxygen mask move down a little bit)
Once it has been pressed down, hold your mouse button down, and move it off of the Oxygen mask (this will keep the mask pressed down) -- Once your mouse is off of the click spot, you can release your mouse button
Go to your radio panel and press the Push to Talk button to the Down position (it says INT)

You should then hear the oxygen over the speaker!

Many thanks I'll try it again later and see if I can do it. Loving the videos! 

6 hours ago, godimaginedme said:

I always thought that it was an 'infinity' knob and could be turned without end.

From memory, it has exactly 10 turns end to end, but that would be good if you could check it. It's shown as a simple potentiometer in the wiring schematics rather than a "rotary encoder".

6 hours ago, godimaginedme said:

They should be the main 2 & 3 AFT boost pumps. As far as the scavenge pumps in the CWT, I was told that they are electrical.

interesting. I can't say I've ever seen a 744 which had both an electric scavenge system and dual tank APU feed. The electric scavenge aircraft are easy to spot because they have a manual scavenge switch on the overhead panel.

I assumed that if the #2 aft boost pump (only) fed the APU, fuel usage would be compensated for later in the flight by the CWT electric pump scavenging fuel from the CWT into the #2 tank. Hydromechanical pumps put scavenged CWT fuel into both tanks, so this seems a natural match to the dual boost pump feed system.

If you can find an aircraft in your fleet with both an electrical switch on the overhead maintenance panel and two aft boost pump lights extinguished during APU ops, please let me know.

Thanks!

Cheers

JHW

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

P.S. Note: There may be airlines with hydromechanical CWT scavenge systems, but still only use the #2 aft boost pump to feed the APU.

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

48 minutes ago, Qavion2 said:

interesting. I can't say I've ever seen a 744 which had both an electric scavenge system and dual tank APU feed. The electric scavenge aircraft are easy to spot because they have a manual scavenge switch on the overhead panel

Cool, I'll see what I can find!

• Like 1

Great videos! I love learning all the little hidden procedures people do to make flying safe. I liked the gem of nose down elevator flight control check before nose up, to shift contaminants off the surface and onto the ground!

I would be interested in seeing your dead reckoning technique and patiently await that video.

I think you have a lot of malfunctions due to corrupt panel state, or loading the pmdg 744 incorrectly. You need to delete old panel states and create a new one. The brake accumulator works fine on my 747.

Is the "recall review" a standard Boeing sop, or a company thing? Where do you learn such things? At ground school?

Brian Nellis

I’m learning ,i’m learning and reading and watching your videos at the same time just let me get through the tutorial first that came with the 747.😁

cheers Danny.

Zdenek  Cebis

On 5/31/2018 at 6:22 AM, Copper. said:

I would be interested in seeing your dead reckoning technique and patiently await that video.

I think you have a lot of malfunctions due to corrupt panel state, or loading the pmdg 744 incorrectly. You need to delete old panel states and create a new one. The brake accumulator works fine on my 747.

Is the "recall review" a standard Boeing sop, or a company thing? Where do you learn such things? At ground school?

Thanks, I've been pretty busy working lately, but I'll get to making them as soon as I can. I'll try making a different save state to help with the panel corruption. 

I don't know if the Recall Review is Boeing or company, but it makes sense for long haul operators either way. I'm sure Airbus pilots have something similar.