Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

x-plane.org approval process?

Hello, I bought a digital download from http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/buy-it/, installed it and went to https://forums.x-plane.org to register an account. The access there is not granted right away so I'm visiting their forums as a guest. Unfortunately I can't post there and neither am I able to download any useful and necessary files from their site. Four days have passed and no response so far. I've sent 2 messages from their contacts page to no avail. Is there any other resource where I can find FP11 libraries, plugins etc.? Is it normal to wait for the approval like in my case? And what is their approval process if you know about it?

Thanks,

Edited by Dirk98

I suggest you try registering again with a new account (using a new email). Also, have you checked your email spam folder? Maybe the replying emails have gone into spam?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I suggest you check your junk email folder for an authorisation message.  It did not take that long when I joined.  Also x-plane.org and x-plane com are totally separate organisations.  You should have a working xplane 11 from what you bought.

Harry Woodrow

Been there and done that. Spam filter is the first place where I check for the incoming approvals and confirmations, but it's empty. 

Why would I need to create a new email account? It is good for avsim but not good for x-plane.org? I don't think so. 

Thanks, 

23 minutes ago, harrry said:

You should have a working xplane 11 from what you bought.

Yes, I do have a working XP11 from what I bought.

Btw I received Welcome to X-Plane.org - How to get started email the same day when I tried to register. But nothing since then.

Thanks.

Do you guys know any of the admins there? 

I could PM you my profile details to pass on to them.

Thanks,

@Dirk98 What username did you register under? I'll contact one of the mods for you

20 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Btw I received Welcome to X-Plane.org - How to get started email the same day when I tried to register. But nothing since then.

Thanks.

Are you able to login at the .org? I think they have a policy where you have to post at least 2 messages (in existing topics) before you can create a topic or download any file. Don't know if this is your case. If you can't login at all, then it's probably something else.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

54 minutes ago, tonywob said:

@Dirk98 What username did you register under? I'll contact one of the mods for you

Tony, PM with the details inbound.

Thanks!

50 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Are you able to login at the .org? I think they have a policy where you have to post at least 2 messages (in existing topics) before you can create a topic or download any file. Don't know if this is your case. If you can't login at all, then it's probably something else.

No, it seems not to be my case. Every time I'm trying to sing in it kicks me out to:

Awaiting Approval

Your account needs to be approved before you can use the site as a registered member.
An email will be sent to igorpetrov09@gmail.com when this is done.

Continue As Guest

And I've just checked I can't post neither in new or existing threads.

Thanks!

I purchase X-PLane 11  on Steam when it was on sale. Registered to xplane org the same day with no problem. However I would have prefer a direct purchase. Maybe next version. I hope you get your problem solve, there are tons of stuff on Xplane org to make X-Plane look and perform better.

On 5/5/2018 at 5:23 PM, michelh said:

I purchase X-PLane 11  on Steam when it was on sale. Registered to xplane org the same day with no problem. However I would have prefer a direct purchase. Maybe next version. I hope you get your problem solve, there are tons of stuff on Xplane org to make X-Plane look and perform better.

I dont know, I tried the same email, that I use for avsim, it didnt work. So I registered a new gmail account and xplane.org accepted it right away this time.

Thanks.