Sign in to follow this  
petdocvmd

Alabeo C404 Install issues

Hi Folks,

I've read through a number of posts regarding install, but can't seem to get the auto-replace function to work in my Alabeo C404 in P3D v4.  I can get the pop-up version to work, but not the in-panel one.

When I tried using the wizard, it did replace the default GNS 430 with the Reality XP gauge, but there were 2 issues:  The RXP gauge was too big for the existing bevel and so only part of it could be seen.  Additionally, the bevel buttons were non-functional.

I repeated the process after using Alabeo's utility to install the old RXP gauge, but that was worse - the gauge was blank after running the RXP wizard.  However I can still bring up the pop up, so at least it is usable.  

I saw reference to a replacement bevel, but could not locate it by searching.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

Scott

A follow up question:  

The Reality XP GNS V2 User's Manual shows on page 8 how to import flight plans.  It advises one to turn the outer GPS knob to FPL page 3.  I see only TWO FPL pages on my pop-up GNS 430.  Is this a not-yet-ready feature, or am I missing something?  Also, are there any flight planning programs capable of exporting into the needed format, assuming this becomes usable?

Thanks,

Scott

@petdocvmd
Hi Scott,
First, to answer your second post. Make sure you have the latest version.

2 hours ago, petdocvmd said:

I see only TWO FPL pages on my pop-up GNS 430.  Is this a not-yet-ready feature, or am I missing something? 

Page 8 of manual. Create the FPL folder in C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GNS Trainer Data\GNS\FPL Place your flight plans here. Also on page 8 there are instructions for an alternate method (location for storing flight plans) in your documents folder.
An excellent flight planner here: https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html.

Now for installing the 430 into the 404.
1. Run the ALA430PAC404.exe file in the main \Alabeo C404_Titan folder.
2. Load sim and the 404.
3. Run the gauge assistant (auto-replace function) as you did before.

EhEgLzv.jpg?1

Ka7qCud.jpg?1

4. Open the panel.cfg file replace the following:

[Window01]
size_mm=100,100
window_pos=0.000000,0.800581
window_size=0.255208,0.199419
visible=0
zorder=99
background_color=0,0,0
ident=15431

gauge00=rxpGNS2!GNS_430_1, 0, 0,100,100
gauge01=PAC404!ToggleCAR430,     64, 0,384, 32 This line deleted. Not needed for this setup. Using the popleft= feature shown below.

For the VC. Replace highlighted. This resizes the gauge to fit.

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=513,513
texture=$Panel_1

gauge00=rxpGNS2!GNS_430_1, -13,-05,520,245

5. Find in the \Alabeo C404_Titan folder, open RealityXP.GNS.ini. Scroll down and add 15431 to popleft =

[GNS_430_1.DEFAULT]
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = false
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; display mouse tooltips if true.
tooltips = false
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false.
usemouse = true 
; enable alternate click-spots (left CCW, right CW, middle Push) if true.
usealtmouse = false
; auto-resize dimension (width,height)
refsize = 
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window by ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popleft = 15431
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window by ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popright = 
; adjust brightness (0 to 100)
brightness.bezel = 100
; offset brightness (-100 to +100)
brightness.screen = 0

Edited by Bills511
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bills511 said:

@petdocvmd
Hi Scott,

Page 8 of manual. Create the FPL folder in C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GNS Trainer Data\GNS\FPL Place your flight plans here. Also on page 8 there are instructions for an alternate method (location for storing flight plans) in your documents folder.
An excellent flight planner here: https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html.

Thank you for the detailed response regarding getting the panel to work!  I'll be sure to give this a try tonight!

Regarding loading flight plans:  I did create the FPL folder, and copied the sample flight plan into it.  My issue is that my Reality XP GNS 430 has no FPL page 3!!!  There are only 2 FPL pages.  So I can't get to the page which allows loading the FP into the GNS.

I will double check my version.  I ticked "update" during the install, and seem to recall it reporting I am already up to date (and I purchased it yesterday), but one never knows.

I did fly the C404 from KBOS to KACK, and used the 430W to fly the GPS 6 LPV successfully with a 400' overcast (and torrential rain) 🙂.  I'm a former instrument student who stopped flying due to finances, and this will give me a great way to keep the rust at bay until I can afford to start up again someday.

I tinkered with LittleNavMap last night and it's pretty cool once you get past the information overload! I'd exported my flightplan to the FPL folder, but that's when I realized there was no way to load it without FPL page 3, so I just keyed it into the 430W.

Thanks again,

Scott

Hi, what other files do you have in this folder: "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GNS Trainer Data\GNS" ?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, RXP said:

Hi, what other files do you have in this folder: "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GNS Trainer Data\GNS" ?

Only a single file: "sys_nandc"

Scott

Well, so where is your "FPL" subfolder then?

5 hours ago, petdocvmd said:

I did create the FPL folder,

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

2 hours ago, petdocvmd said:

Only a single file: "sys_nandc"

Scott

I have 4 files + the FPL folder.
Should look like this.

Spoiler

Hgm9VkU.jpg

NB: each sys_nand# correspond to a specific GNS type and unit. This is documented in the User's Manual.

1 hour ago, RXP said:

Well, so where is your "FPL" subfolder then?

That was it - ugh!  I had the FPL subfolder at the same level as the GNS folder, not IN it.  Moved it in, and voila!

Thank you for your help!

Scott

Followed Bill's instructions and YES!  GNS 430 up and working in the C404 panel.  

Thank you so much!!

Scott

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, petdocvmd said:

Followed Bill's instructions and YES!  GNS 430 up and working in the C404 panel.  

Thank you so much!!

Scott

Good to hear you're up and running.