Sign in to follow this  
jfwharton

Pilot2ATC 2.5 not recognizing X52 Controller Buttons Correctly

Today I purchased Pilot2atc version 2.5.  I'm trying to get it set up, specifically to get the voice recognition to work.  I am running Windows 10 Pro and using a Saitek X52 controller.  When I attempt to configure the PTT button for my X-52 controller the number of the button that comes up is not correct.  When I press button 7 button 6 comes up in the window.  I tried different buttons and none come up with the correct number.  Is there a way to fix this?  I would like to get the voice recognition working so that I can use this program.

Also, when I go into the Grammar Helper and try to practice a window pops up stating what microphone is being used along with additional information.  I don't know if this is showing a problem or not.  I can't get the practice to work.  Is it supposed to say back what I say into the mic?  I hit Practice when holding down button 7 on my joystick and hold it down while speaking but when I release the button nothing happens, nothing comes up.  Very vague information on how to test the speech recognition.

Edited by jfwharton

Button numbers may be one lower than what you see in other software because P2A uses the natural 0 based system.  So if you want what you think is button 7, then when you press the button it shows 6 in the window, that is correct.

When you open Grammar Helper, the popup window gives diagnostic info and is not an error.  This helps in trouble shooting.

When you are practicing in Grammar Helper, you must use the large on-screen PTT button instead of your joystick.  This is to eliminate any button setting issues if it has problems.  After saying a proper phrase, if it is heard and recognized, it will display in Green.  If it does not, you can press Replay and listen to what you said.  If that is silent, then there is a microphone connection issue.

Dave

Thank you for the quick response.  I tried the grammar helper again and it says "Speech not Recognized.  Try pressing the Replay button to listen to your speech."  I press the Replay button and can hear myself loud and clear.  So I'm guessing that I need to go through the full training for all areas to get it to learn my speech.  I've been able to do a flight using "SayIt" so once I get the speech recognition trained I should be good to go.  Thank you again.

Thank you again for your help here and through email.  After reading more online and playing around I figured out the reason Pilot2ATC was not recognizing my voice was due to the volume setting for Flight Simulator and X-Plane 11.  I went into the volume mixer and lowered the volume for each of those simulators and things are working much better now.  Thank you again.  Great program!