Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

Technobrain Tokyo Haneda FPS

Guys, we want to show the LDA offset approach with prescribed tracks to runway 22 in the next Airline2Sim 777 Program but this airport is not a good performer - this is in V4. Anyone got any tips to make it run better? I know Tokyo is a dense area but with the default Tokyo I have no issue.

Any tips gratefully received. Sadly there aren’t many other places you’d take a 777 with offset LDAs. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

32 minutes ago, Airline2Sim said:

Guys, we want to show the LDA offset approach with prescribed tracks to runway 22 in the next Airline2Sim 777 Program but this airport is not a good performer - this is in V4. Anyone got any tips to make it run better? I know Tokyo is a dense area but with the default Tokyo I have no issue.

Disable or delete rjtt2_liv_gs_cars.bgl in the scenery folder - performance is still not great but significantly improved.

Hat tip to mwa05 in this thread: 

Thrilled you want to cover the LDA 22 approach in the training!

James

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, honanhal said:

Disable or delete rjtt2_liv_gs_cars.bgl in the scenery folder - performance is still not great but significantly improved.

Hat tip to mwa05 in this thread: 

Thrilled you want to cover the LDA 22 approach in the training!

James

Good job James I’ll give that a go! Yes we wanted to cover the remaining types of approach that you might come across in the ‘John Deer’ so an LDA, a VOR and an procedural NDB approach. 

35 minutes ago, Litmoose said:

I don't have that airport and cant give any feedback there. But there are plenty of other places where that type of approach is used according to the following?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Localizer_type_directional_aid

Indeed, Salt Lake City might be an option but the offset is very small. The fun thing with Tokyo is that it does have a feel of Kai Tak about it in that the line up at the end is pretty sporty. The airlines often have extra LNAV waypoints for these approaches (enhanced coding as they call it) which basically means you can fly it in LNAV and VNAV all the way to the touchdown. We don’t have these in the sim so it’s back to the mark one eyeball for us!

• Like 1

Amazing, Ben. Can't wait for it! I really love your 777 Course. It is absolutely incredible.
Have you gotten Myron back for the rest? He's an experience in it-self... 😊

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On 5/12/2018 at 7:21 AM, Anders Bermann said:

Amazing, Ben. Can't wait for it! I really love your 777 Course. It is absolutely incredible.
Have you gotten Myron back for the rest? He's an experience in it-self... 😊

Yes he’s back. And as dry witted as ever 😎

• Like 1