Sign in to follow this  
slait

P3Dv4 Saved Flights

Hello all,

I seem to be having increasing amounts of crashes and am considering repurchasing fsuipc for the autosave feature. My question is how many of today's advanced aircraft will successfully support loading a saved file? I have planes such as the PMDG 737, the Maddog, the majestic dash, and fslabs 320.

Will all of these successfully load a saved file and keep the panel state?

- Aaron

The NGX does, haven't got the others so not sure about those. Doubt that all will though!

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I have had no problems saving and reloading PMDG 777 flights over recent years.

HTH

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Ok, sounds like PMDG had it figured out then. What about the others?

- Aaron

Aircraft simply can't be called 'compatible' if they can't be loaded from a saved flight. Even so, some complex planes can present some awkwardness in reloading saved flights, for example waiting for initialisation countdown before continuing the flight. Also auto-saves can invoke several seconds of irritating pauses while some of the more complex aircraft save their stuff.

Rather than hoping things will be improved by reloading saves, instead I would suggest it would be much better to fix the crashes by removing the offending article

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

The reality for me is that most liners or commuters lost their fms programms, Some lost the autopilot settings too... Must verify everythings before renewing the flight... But you re-start on altitude and position of the saved file.

Right now, crashes spell the end of the flight as there is no way to recover without a save, and it sounds like even with a save only select aircraft will recover. Sadly crashes are not always so straight forward in resolving, and there are often multiple factors causing separate issues, not one causing them all. Sometimes it's from switching views, sometimes it is some specific scenery, sometimes it's an AI problem, etc. It can get to them point where you are troubleshooting more than flying, which is the point I got to under v3 and I ultimately walked away entirely until v4 came out.

Crashes stopped for a good time, but they are starting to rear their head again.

- Aaron