Pete Dowson

WideFS facilities added particularly for use with Pilot2ATC

I thought I should let P2A users know of some new facilities for those who use WideFS for client displays, as in a cockpit or separate screen from the simulator.

I have added a facility into WideClient version 7.146 which, along with new Lua plug-ins, can display the P2A conversation text in a client Window.

The package also includes plug-ins for the simulator's SimConnect menus and text displays, replacing the previous "ShowText" plug-in completely.

The 7.146 update of WideClient and WideFS is now available for download in the Download Links subforum over in my Forum, and the package includes a PDF explaining the use of each of the new plug-ins.

Pete

• Like 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

I thought I should let P2A users know of some new facilities for those who use WideFS for client displays, as in a cockpit or separate screen from the simulator.

I have added a facility into WideClient version 7.146 which, along with new Lua plug-ins, can display the P2A conversation text in a client Window.

The package also includes plug-ins for the simulator's SimConnect menus and text displays, replacing the previous "ShowText" plug-in completely.

The 7.146 update of WideClient and WideFS is now available for download in the Download Links subforum over in my Forum, and the package includes a PDF explaining the use of each of the new plug-ins.

Pete

Does this mean the P2A program can reside on the server whilst the P2A window (frequencies, flightplan, etc.) can reside on the client? 

13 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

Does this mean the P2A program can reside on the server whilst the P2A window (frequencies, flightplan, etc.) can reside on the client? 

No. As I said, it is the "conversation text" display I handle -- the record of what ATC are saying and your replies, with the option "hints" as how to replay. It's the bottom right scrolling text in the P2A screen.

This has been implemented thanks to the new facility to save the conversation text, as it is changing, to a file. You need to enable this file in the P2A options, and tell WideClient where to find it (in its INI file). 

Pete