Sign in to follow this  
Adamski_NZ

New preset announced - Adam_261_03

Announcement - new preset: adam_261_03 - for PTA 2.61 (P3Dv4) or PTA 2.60 (P3Dv3).

pta_261_03_01_ymui_boomerang_1350.jpg

Some P3D aircraft models (JF Dove/Heron, Aerosoft/Octopus An-2) have buggy dynamic lighting values set on some textures.
To get around this, 261_03 comes in two variations: with or without the two aircraft lighting tweaks.
If you have lighting anomalies on other aircraft exteriors, try using adam_pta261_03_vc_off.

Note that HDR values are different for each variation.

This preset was tested mainly with the recently released REX Skyforce3D, though it should work with all other texture/weather systems.
Changes from Adam 26_02
=======================
Nothing major - just minor tweaks.

pta_261_03_13_ymui_boomerang_1350.jpg

pta_261_03_03_ymui_boomerang_432_1350.jp

For those interested in my PTA reincarnations, the link is: http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=PTA

Adam.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

This looks awesome how on earth did you get the sea looking like that?

Paul Wain

11 minutes ago, paulwain said:

This looks awesome how on earth did you get the sea looking like that?

I wish I could take credit for it. It's 99% down to the amazing photoreal tiles from ORBX. Tim Harris has a knack of creating the most amazing sea tiles. YMUI is freeware, BTW!

The 1% from me is just choosing the right time of day and angle!

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

4 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I wish I could take credit for it. It's 99% down to the amazing photoreal tiles from ORBX. Tim Harris has a knack of creating the most amazing sea tiles. YMUI is freeware, BTW!

Adam.

Hi Adam,

Welcome back! I was becoming a little concerned as the images had disappeared from your website. Now we have a beautiful fresh set of images to drool over....and a new Preset from the Master!

Thank you!

While I have your attention, can I ask whether a PTA Preset has any impact on the visual appearance/colour of Vector and other lighting at night? Just curious. Certainly I’m more than happy with what I’m seeing since 26_02 was brought into play, but I haven’t run any comparisons. We know how important the selection of clouds has on this equation during the daytime and, while they may not be as prominent or even present at all, they would still have an impact on the visual outcome...correct?

Best regards,

Mike

4 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

My favourite time is around 6:30am in the Spring....gorgeous 😃!

Mike

Thanks for all your hardwork Adam. I love your presets 🙂

Thank you sir, I will check these out.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.