Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

CTDs and Not Respondings

Hello,

Recently I went back to flying the 77W in my P3D v4.2 installation after several months flying other big birds without issues, but I've been somewhat unsuccessful. Occasionally P3D will just CTD, no messages, no Event Viewer entries, but also occasionally P3D will just hang ("this application stopped responding blá blá blá) and force a close. Is there any information to try to mitigate this?

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Hello,

Recently I went back to flying the 77W in my P3D v4.2 installation after several months flying other big birds without issues, but I've been somewhat unsuccessful. Occasionally P3D will just CTD, no messages, no Event Viewer entries, but also occasionally P3D will just hang ("this application stopped responding blá blá blá) and force a close. Is there any information to try to mitigate this?

Thanks!

CTD events has to be one of the most frequent topics in any flight simulation forum.  There are at least two three on-going as I type this.  The AVSIM CTD guide (see HOT SPOTS links to the right on any forum page) is a good place to start.  There are many reasons why an application will stop running or crash, there is no one reason.