Sign in to follow this  
annathy

4.2 update what have I done wrong...

I finally bit the bullet and did the 4.2 update - the three parts, client, content and scenery.

I understood that this shouldn't have affected most of the add ons - except scenery ones?

I've updated the orbx scenery and that seems fine, but the pmdg aircraft have disappeared although all of the folders/files are there as I would expect. Do I actually have to uninstall and reinstall all of this? I'm feeling like I've done something wrong or I'm missing a step in the update?

Can anyone assist?

Also I think Rex Skyforce has also disappeared too...does this need a reinstall?

About your missing planes, are they in outboard .xml folders? If so, there was this note over on the A2A forums about in some cases their planes not appearing in the sim after the 4.2 update, and a fix. 

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=23&t=63073

The problem was that in 4.2, LM slightly changed the way the path to the .xml add-ons folder was specified, if you have your .xml folder on a different drive than C (LM left the "\" off the very end of the path description). The fix is to go to the specified pathways you've added and remove the "\".

I don't know if this might be the same problem you're having.

- Bob 

Edited by BBCM

The PMDG products still had their dll modules via the programdata P3D dll.xml files, they've not yet gone to the add-on.xml method.  Try running the PMDG installer and selecting repair, I believe that will enter the appropriate information in the dll.xml.  Not positive but I would expect it to work.  Also, if you have the PMDG folders in the P3D root directory, you should also have their products in the Simobjects\Aircraft folders.  I think the repair feature will also update those.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the suggestions - I've tried the repair option but still not showing. Going to try in the PMDG forum to see if there's anything more I can do.