Sign in to follow this  
fghdgdfdfgfgf

C'mon man!!!

4 hours ago, lidorx7 said:

sounds like a dream!!

i have orbx global and openlc EU, if i update the content and scenery i need to install them again?

its enough to update just the client?

thanks

I have most of Orbx Europe, uninstall & reinstall in order "Client" "Content" then "Scenery", Once installed delete shaders folder and Scenery cfg file, run P3D and fly over area to check scenery is ok. Don't forget to run makerunways again. Happy landings

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

6 hours ago, AnkH said:

Check your settings, my bet is: updating the client reverts several settings back to default...

Hi Chris-

As far as I can tell the upgrade didn't change any settings or even the few tweeks i had in the P3d config file. I installed the client only.

Good to know, thanks for the clarification

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 hours ago, lidorx7 said:

sounds like a dream!!

i have orbx global and openlc EU, if i update the content and scenery i need to install them again?

its enough to update just the client?

thanks

Just follow Poppet's instructions.  https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/495199-updating-prepar3d-v3-v4-using-the-update-component-installers/

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

19 hours ago, jason99vmi said:

Hi Jason,

from the Poppets i cant understand if ORBX is deleted or not,

he also says that those folders are replaced when you updating content 

Install_ Content.msi is including Scripts, redist, SimObjects, Weather, Scenarios, Ecosystem, Fonts, Autogen, Effects, gauges, Sound, Texture

ORBX use this folders (texture) isn't it? and PMDG and other aircraft using the gauges folder.. so that mean they also going to be deleted?

Edited by lidorx7

Hello lidorx7 

With the exception of Orbx Global Base and FTX Trees,  The Orbx Installers Install extra files to these locations Instead of modifying Prepar3D default files,  This means you can either Update or reinstall Prepar3D and keep your entire Orbx Install in place.  Note:  If you update the Scenery component or reinstall Prepar3D you will need to reinstall Orbx Global base and FTX Trees,  thats it though

Please see the topic beow for steps you can take after either updating or reinstalling Prepar3D 

20 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello lidorx7 

With the exception of Orbx Global Base and FTX Trees,  The Orbx Installers Install extra files to these locations Instead of modifying Prepar3D default files,  This means you can either Update or reinstall Prepar3D and keep your entire Orbx Install in place.  Note:  If you update the Scenery component or reinstall Prepar3D you will need to reinstall Orbx Global base and FTX Trees,  thats it though

Please see the topic beow for steps you can take after either updating or reinstalling Prepar3D 

thank you! very helpful information and guide. do you know if PMDG files also kept in place while updating the content?