Sign in to follow this  
Marc Banger

Question regarding sceneries

Right this is probably a silly question but here goes, when we install payware sceneries addons or even freeware for instance, do the P3D default sceneries still try to load behind the new ones we added? For example, you install all of the Orbx FTX files, i.e Global, Vectors, LC's etc etc, those are what show up in the sim during flight and also show up higher on the priority list in the addons menu, now are the P3D default sceneries still loading but behind the Orbx files or hidden, I didn't know if you unticked the default P3D files that your payware are replacing, could explain the performance hit, I did say it was a silly question. 🙂

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, Marc Banger said:

Right this is probably a silly question but here goes, when we install payware sceneries addons or even freeware for instance, do the P3D default sceneries still try to load behind the new ones we added? For example, you install all of the Orbx FTX files, i.e Global, Vectors, LC's etc etc, those are what show up in the sim during flight and also show up higher on the priority list in the addons menu, now are the P3D default sceneries still loading but behind the Orbx files or hidden, I didn't know if you unticked the default P3D files that your payware are replacing, could explain the performance hit, I did say it was a silly question. 🙂

Not a silly question.  However, this is not something you generally need to worry about.  Putting photoreal aside, the scenery structure is build at load time and P3D will know that your addon scenery replaces the default scenery.  This only becomes a potential issue when you have more than one addon; for example, there are AI addons that add AFCAD files for their simulation of traffic to work they way they want it to and then if you come along and add another addon for that location you may have to dig around to find the AI AFCAD so you can turn it off. Generally the problem with with multiple addons and not an addon in combination with default scenery.

Orbx has an entire sub forum dedicated to compatibility issues between FTX regions and addon airports.  It is always a good idea to review that forum for tips on for example to make Flightbeam KSFO compatible with FTX NCA.  Note that is is deconflicting one addon from another and has nothing to do with default.