Sign in to follow this  
Heronjr

C441 AP/Yaw Damper switch

Hi,

Does someone knows how to move the C441 Autopilot-Yaw Damper white switch, located in the central pedestal, with some LVar or LUA script? I could identify most of the C441 switches movement scripts, but this one is giving me a hard time.

I can turn on/off the autopilot using the specific LVars in Spad.neXt, but this switch stays there in the off position. The autopilot turned on works okay, but I don't know if the yaw damper is working or not (I don't even know if Flysimware simulates the yaw damper in the C441).

Regards,

Edited by Heronjr

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

6 hours ago, Heronjr said:

Hi,

Does someone knows how to move the C441 Autopilot-Yaw Damper white switch, located in the central pedestal, with some LVar or LUA script? I could identify most of the C441 switches movement scripts, but this one is giving me a hard time.

I can turn on/off the autopilot using the specific LVars in Spad.neXt, but this switch stays there in the off position. The autopilot turned on works okay, but I don't know if the yaw damper is working or not (I don't even know if Flysimware simulates the yaw damper in the C441). 

Regards,

Hi Heron,

Yes, the yaw damper is simulated in the C441.

I emailed you a script to toggle the "Autopilot-Yaw Damper white switch" between its 3 positions.

Al

Edited by ark

Hi Ark,

Thanks! I installed it and it's working now. I had to include the AUTOPILOT_ON LVar because the switch itself moved by the script does not turns on the autopilot.

Regards,

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

3 hours ago, Heronjr said:

I had to include the AUTOPILOT_ON LVar because the switch itself moved by the script does not turns on the autopilot. 

Ah, forgot that 'detail'!   ☹️  However, I am not aware of any FSW C441 Lvars AUTOPILOT_ON and AUTOPILOT_OFF (perhaps they are Spad.neXt local variables). However, FSX and P3D do have native (built in) functions or controls (K events) called AUTOPILOT_ON and AUTOPILOT_OFF which fortunately have FSUIPC control numbers 65792 and 65791, respectively, (see FSUIPC documentation for a complete list of control numbers) that you can use to activate these events in a Lua script. So the Lua instructions are:

ipc.control(65791,1)                                  -- turns autopilot off

ipc.control(65792,1)                                  -- turns autopilot on

BTW, note also the standard FSX  'Z key' autopilot toggle seems to work in the C441, or at least the AP light comes on.  😊

Edit: It just occurred to me that we likely have to explicitly turn the yaw damper on and off with K event controls as well, so I've added them into the script along with the autopilot controls and emailed you an updated script.

Al

Edited by ark