Sign in to follow this  
navops

Engines 1 and 4 throttles during cruise

After I reach cruise altitude and the AEF has completed the cruise checklist the throttles for engines 1 and 4 are retarded and a seem to be locked. I loose both engines and eventually power and altitude. this happens every flight. If I press abort on the AEF sheet the lock open the throttles is removed and I can control engines 2 and 3.

Sometimes I can catch it early enough to keep engines 1 and 4 running otherwise all I have left for the flight are engines 2 and 3.

Using FSX

Intel i7 - 7700K CPU @4.2Ghz  64 bit, 32gig ram, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 12 meg

Doug

Check your control lock.

Dan Downs KCRP

I tried again and here is what happens.

When I ask AEF for cruise checklist The throttles for engines 1 and 4 are pulled back. Manifold pressure for engines 1 and 4 drops to 20 while 2and 3 are at 45. Speed decreases from 230 to 160 and then continues to drop till I begin to loose altitude.

I'm unable to move the 1 and 4 throttles and the lock is not on.

If I abort the checklists I can control throttles but cannot increase the manifold pressure for engines 1 and 4 and cannot maintain altitude.

Thanks

Doug KDEN

22 minutes ago, navops said:

If I abort the checklists I can control throttles but cannot increase the manifold pressure for engines 1 and 4 and cannot maintain altitude.

Are you running through the full checklists from cold and dark? Sounds a lot like you have something misconfigured, and the engines are being damaged as a result (and thus, unable to produce the necessary power).

Kyle Rodgers

Yes I am using the full checklist and AEF. The AEF is making the change to Engines and 1 and 4.

I've had to put him on remedial training until i figure this out.

Thanks

Doug Jackfert

33 minutes ago, navops said:

I've had to put him on remedial training until i figure this out.

Open up the maintenance panel. What does it show?

Kyle Rodgers