Sign in to follow this  
Youngaviator11

How to convert a plane to 64-bit P3Dv4?

Hello,

I like this certain plane and would want it in p3dv4, unfortunately it is 32 bit so the gauges don't work. How do I convert a plane to 64 bit and is there any tutorials on it? I want to take on the challenge! I appreciate all support this topic gets.

Thank you,

ya11

As far as I know, you can't. You would need access to the source code, since it would be required to be compiled again. So, unless you have the original source code, it's not possible.

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Success taking a given model to P3dV4 largely depends on the original model and varies widely from "No Way" to "Drop in folder".

What is the aircraft? Who was the developer? What version of simulator was it originally developed for?

EDIT: just read your original post more carefully. See @Lorby_SI below.

Edited by Henry Street

First, get the permission of the author of that plane. It doesn't matter if it is freeware or payware, you are not allowed to mess with it unless it is either stated otherwise in the license or you have said permission.

1. Turn on the content error log of P3D to find out what is wrong with the plane
  2. XML based gauges you can fix yourself, the content error log will tell you about the errors, you read the spec in the Learning Center and fix them
  3. DLL based gauges cannot be converted, you need new ones. That means acquiring the C++ source code from the original developer, setting up a Visual Studio project and recompiling them to 64 bit, fixing all errors that pop up in the process
  4. You should be able to convert missing textures
  5. If the model is invisible, you will have to convert that too (happens with old FS9 stuff mostly). Conversion is only safely possible for simple models. For complex ones, you need the 3D sources from the original developer and a 3D modelling software that understands those sources.

When you went through all this, you have essentially created a new plane. Which the original author could probably do in 5% of the time that you need.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI