Sign in to follow this  
David B

Posted in P3d sdk forum...would like some help/info please

Yes, I posted this on FSdeveloper and the P3D forums.  When the only way to get support for a product you purchased is the support forum, you would hope someone could answer your question. I guess when you post in  a not too viewed area, not too many folks see your post.

However, woe be it to you, if you post in the wrong section, irony being you will receive a lot of replies then. Go Figure.

So far, no luck. I know some devs view this forum as well, so hoping for an answer if possible.  Preferably something a little more than "Yes, you can set that up, I've done it myself" Quite frustrating when your a noob.

Hello everyone, I'm trying my hand at a little bit of airport enhancement and modeling. I have a student version of Max 2009. I have installed the latest P3d 4.x and latest SDK.

I installed both the 64/32 bit version of 3DSMax 2009 (student). All registration,serial number etc went fine with Autodesk. I then followed the steps here to install the 3ds Max plugins, using the 3DSM2009 plugins.

Obviously the 64bit Max won't work with 2009. However, the 32 bit loads up fine. Also, load as administrator. I can see my Aces Tools/P3d tools just fine. However, when I click on each tool, I get a tool not supported message. Did a search here, couldn't find any definitive info.

Am I going to be able to create/modify my airport in P3d4.3x with Max 2009 (student) using this SDK? I'm a noobie to all this. If I'm wasting my time working with Max 2009 and P3D4.3, are there any alternatives to accomplish my goal. Just want to enhance my home field airport for my enjoyment, and perhaps learn something about modeling etc.

Could it be I didn't have any project loaded when clicking on each tool? Do I have to have something created for the tool to do anything? Any options or input appreciated. Right now I seem to be making EZ Hard for my goal. Some insight please.

Best,
David

I recommend you use the support 2015 version of 3DSMax, and I think the LM SDK now supports the 2016 version but I haven't played with 3DSMax for ...geeze, it has been awhile.  When everything matches the SDK I didn't have any problem creating test cubes in P3D, one of these days I'll get back to that challenge.

Dan Downs KCRP