Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

We remember Sully and the ditching in the Hudson....

Here is another story of a ditching with equally happy results:

John

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thats a very nice video.

Thanks for sharing.

Bilal Asif Khan

I took my grandson to the Carolina Aviation Musiem at Douglas Airport (KCLT) to see Sully's plane where it now resides. Beat all to heck. There must have been hundreds of some mighty big birds. The side window next to his head even has a crack where one must have glanced. Good luck one didn't penetrate the wind screen.

Vic green

PanAm 6 is a great story as well, it captured people as much then as Sully did recently, goes to show great stories can get forgotten over time except for those in the know.

My favorite aviation story will always be the Gimli Glider, another one that can get forgotten as well. It was the children riding their bikes on the runway (converted to a drag racing strip) during evening barbecue and pedaling out of the way of an incoming 767.....Fascinating Story, to be one of those kids is quite a story 😎

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

I remember the film and the lady in the sim who flew that 320 with her finger tips on the joystick like it was a mascara pen 

14ppkc-6.png