Sign in to follow this  
king1706

Prepar3d V4.3

I need help as I just installed the new prepar3d v4.3 and after a successful installation I restart my computer and prepar3d open the first screen( black screen)  and stays on it forever. I searched and found some steps if your prepar3d doesn't open to follow from deleting config files to re download prepar3d nothing worked. I did not add yet any add ons to my prepar3d and I do not have any anti virus on my computer to restrict anything. . The black screen keeps rotating forever i left it over night and never started the prepar3d .  

Did anyone experience that and what steps where taken to eliminate this issue. 

Thanks 

amr guindy 

1 hour ago, king1706 said:

Did anyone experience that and what steps where taken to eliminate this issue. 

Just to comment that I came to my attention the high amount of cases with such a similar issue after the update.I would recommend to do a search of previous posts and you'll find plenty of similar cases (with solutions I hope).

Installing P3D the right way is becoming a challenge.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hello amr

The link below if from another user with a similar Issue. 

Hope this helps 

2 hours ago, Poppet said:

Hello amr

The link below if from another user with a similar Issue. 

Hope this helps 

I just stumbled across this. After going to P3d v4.3 I had a similar experience on 2 or 3 occasions with the exception that it happens in mid flight. The airplane just freezes but sound and mouse sees click spots but will not function. It is very weird. I had to alt out and restart. Have you seen another report of this? I only did Client update.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Hello Elaine 

I followed your steps and it opened the prepar3d V4.3 , but I was prompted to the various add ons if I want to add I said yes then I went to the same problem and prepar3d got stuck again on the black screen . I went back in the main prepar3d folder and used the option to delete generated files and then to the App local & roaming I deleted the prepar3d file and it started again. Now I am without any add ons from A2A to FSDREAM to all my addons and if I say yes and install them prepar3d will not start any suggestions ?

Thanks a lot 

Amr Guindy

On 7/19/2018 at 12:30 AM, shivers9 said:

The airplane just freezes but sound and mouse sees click spots but will not function. It is very weird.

Hello Sam

Many users have reported freezes during flight,  A lot of these cases were resolved by updating or reinstalling Utility Add On's. 

Just one of these below was resolved by reinstalling FSUIPC,  Although Adam Breed did make good comment that could possible to a contributing factor 

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124814

-------------------------------------------------

On 7/20/2018 at 1:10 AM, king1706 said:

but I was prompted to the various add ons if I want to add I said yes

Hello Amr

These Add On's are situated in the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder in the Documents location of your PC.

Personally speaking I would run a process of elimination 

Navigate to this location,  Click and Move all the Add On folder out of this location and onto your Desktop,  This will disconnect these Add Ons from Prepar3D. 

Then simply move back one Add On folder at a time into the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder,  Then launch Prepar3D and test,  Keeping adding the folders back one at a time and test as you go along.

You will most likely find the problem this way  

I too had the dreaded logo screen of death (P3D V4.3). I first tried deleting P3D cfg, xml, addons xml with no luck. I then deleted client and content, reinstalled - no joy. I then deleted P3D completely (well I thought I did), reinstalled....... same deal. Long story short, and many hours spent trying everything I could think of, I ended up completely formatting my SSD, reinstalled Windows 10 and P3D. Slowly adding addons again and now have a working sim. Drastic? YES! But it was the only way I could get it working again. It was a good time to clean out the sim and do clean reinstalls of things, but geez!

I'm sure it was an incompatible addon causing the problem, but I couldn't find it!

Hope you get it sorted. 😥

Murray Dreyer

Thanks Elaine and mdreyer for the advise . I will most probably start with what Elaine said and see if that will take care of the issue first before deleting everything . I appreciate all the help and assistance 

Amr 

Ok just a quick update and to close this issue I did added my add ons one by one as Elaine suggested and I did have a success with opening prepar3d V4.3 . I think adding all the addons same time did something but now after adding one by one and open pepar3d after adding each one it worked . The only addon I did not add so far is the C172 from A2A  and some sceneries for airports . I will continue adding them slowly   one by one to see if I get stuck again or not 

Thanks for all your help 

Amr 

I resolved the hanging Prepar3d-screen (start-screen) by deleting/renaming the existing scenery.cfg

You can usually find them in the following directory:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Best regards
Martin